Chapter 4: The ache

"There's a tempestuous feeling stirring inside me,
The waves of my thoughts crashing with my emotions,
Taking over every inch of my peace.
The mask of numbness has now again fallen off, my wall of protection getting weaker,
I can feel the havoc of emotions,  I can feel myself getting wrecked,
I want to let this pain out but,
What do I do?
Scream? Shout? Cry?
Or just again let the pain fade until it relapses again?"

The sound of the slow rotation of fan and the ticking of the clock filled the room. The air conditioning system did it's work of cooling the room while the person in the room cocooned herself in the blanket, hugging it even close.

Aria's brother Mishaal was staying over at his friend's place and thus the room was all Aria's tonight.

Which meant going to the past and digging all the old wounds.

The phone screen illuminated in the dark as Aria clicked on the hidden folder in her phone.

'K'

She closed her eyes for a few seconds before going to the end of the folder, to look at the very first picture which was a screenshot of the chat from where it all started.

She read every old conversation, she read every letter he wrote to her, she read every poem he dedicated to her; her heart crying with various emotions as it wondered how good all those times were yet so temporary.

A lone tear made it's way from her eye, slipping through her cheek as she reminisced all the old moments, reliving the good times.

Her memory revisiting was interrupted when she stumbled upon a picture... of him.

It was her favourite picture of him.

She quickly swiped the screen to move to the next picture but her heart wasn't letting her think straight. Her thumb hovered over the screen as she battled with her own self to keep herself strong and not look at the picture, but well she lost. From herself.

How are you supposed to fight with your very own self?

She swiped back and sighed... maybe in defeat as she stared at the smiling face in front of her.

Oh how she wished to hold him and pull them cheeks and hug him, inhaling his scent.

She could feel the tears at the corner of her eyes as grief took over her.

But as the moment passed, the sadness was replaced by anger and disappointment. But what  stayed intact was the vulnerability.

Yes, she was vulnerable when it came to him.

It was obvious, very obvious that she loved him and she's been loving him before he fell for her. She never really got tangled in this game of love and made sure to not fall for anyone but when it came to him, all her rules were thrown out of the window.

You can love a person, plan a future with them but what if the other person doesn't feel the same anymore? What if the other person falls out of love?

Aria never believed in the concept of 'Falling out of love'. She felt people can only stop liking you because if they love you, they can never stop. The love should blossom over time not decrease. If it does then it isn't love. That's mere infatuation or liking.

Love shouldn't be chained with excuses. If one wants to leave, they leave.

He left like that too.

Slowly fading away and then all at once.

Suddenly.

Taking a part of her heart and soul along with him.