Chapter 31: The Past.

"Reminiscing the radiant smile
Your thoughts fills this empty room
Glowing warmth like a crackling fire
The empty pieces of me
Searching the embracing pieces of you...."

A year ago...

The humid air and the sudden noise of the traffic as if speaking of the hustle and bustle of the city was something that didn't get in the good books of him.

He walked amidst the crowd, trying his best to avoid pushing someone accidentally as he followed his cousin.

"Well, now I know why this lane is famous for its food. By the time you reach the food stalls and restaurants, you're already half dead from all the walking and dodging. And everything tastes better when you're tired and hungry.", he remarked, his tone sounded like a grumble as he wiped some sweat from his forehead.

He heard his cousin laugh but it was not of mocking but as if he was expecting him to say something like that.

"We are not even halfway. Infact we are here to pick a parcel. We have to go to back to our car and the famous food lane is like thirty minutes away. So have this drink and chill out, Kabeer."

He sighed as he proceeded to walk towards the juice stall at the side of the lane, his head already spinning seeing the crowded customers at the stall.

The heavy observation and cussing himself out for even deciding to accompany his cousin made him lose sight of his cousin.

"Oh damn.", he whispered as he searched for his cousin and took a deep breath when he found him at the distance, closer to the stall.

He proceeded towards him, kindly asking people to move and just when he was feeling better about the place, he saw her.

A girl, wearing a maroon and white chikankari kurti, her hair tied in a half ponytail.

Her back towards him as she blocked his way.

"Excuse me.", he said.

She moved a bit to give him some room to move but he knew he would need a bit  more.

"Excuse me...

Ignored this time.

He could see her busy talking to her friends who were farther away from her and he then realized she was dictating some orders regarding the drinks and milkshakes.

"Excuse me!", this time he raised his voice.

It worked.

She turned towards him, with a confused look.

"You're in my way.", he said but it came out harshly than he expected.

And then that confused look turned into an annoyed one.

"Well, sir... everyone here is in everyone's way. But I heard you the first time and I moved away.", she said as she lightly bobbed her head as she spoke, her big jhumkis dancing along.

Kabeer could easily sense the sarcasm in her 'sir' and he smiled as he knew she made no attempt of hiding it.

The annoyed expression on that cherubic face looked more amusing and prettier than he expected.

"I didn't mean to be rude.", he explained but she just shrugged and turned her face back towards her friends who were still at the distance.

Kabeer snaked his way beside her and perused her features from the side.

She didn't have an Instagram perfect face.

But she was one of those people who had the most prettiest faces and that radiated ecstasy and beauty.