Chapter 7: Ice Creams and Uno

"Everything comes to an end,
Every tangible thing I must say.
But isn't love suppose to be a feeling?
Then why did we run out of it?

It wasn't the love that just got exhausted,
It was the hurt you gave me that made me end it.
Love, as I know wasn't always all perfect,
But I also know that it isn't suppose to give you this kind of pain.

This love of us was like a drug,
It was killing me softly.
I had to let go of it,
For me.... to survive."

"It's been a while since I saw you here.", Maya questioned the good looking guy infront of her who just held a blank look on his face.

"I'm just here to have a good time.", Kabeer simply answered as he walked past her towards his friends who were busy in either smoking or dancing at the dance floor.

As Kabeer walked towards his friends, he surely got a lot of attention. First, from the girls who were staring him and giving him not so subtle hints and secondly, from his friends who were surprised to see their friend at the dance floor.

If it would've been a few months ago, none of his friends would've cared so much because that's what Kabeer was. Going to clubs, hanging out with his friends, going on dates with new girls, smoking, lighting the dance floor on fire with his moves and being a charmer, that was Kabeer's routine, basically.

But things changed suddenly. He stopped with all of this. Yes, he still visited clubs and went on dates with girls but everyone knew it was just a distraction to keep 'her' thoughts away.

Everyone refrained from taking Aria's name infront of him, fearing to step on a wounded nerve. Nobody knew what actually happened between them but they knew whatever happened wasn't good.

Or was it?

"Hey, man! We missed you on the floor!", Pranav screamed over the loud music as Kabeer joined in, a smirk on his lips while his eyes lacked emotion.

"I missed this too.", Kabeer stated as he walked over to Naira, a pretty, glamorous girl.

He simply extended his hand towards her and she raised her brow but then quickly accepted his offer to dance.

Naira was his friend and his dance partner. People loved them together and it was always this talk going around that if Kabeer was to date someone, it would either be Naira or Maya.

"Salsa or Bachata?", Naira asked as she walked with Kabeer, hand in hand.

Kabeer didn't answer, infact twirled her in a swift motion, his one hand near her waist and the other one on the hip and Naira smirked at that.

"Bachata it is then.", Naira answered her own question as she swayed her hips gracefully to the music as Kabeer held her closer, other people cheering for their brilliant performance.

A bitter smile made it's way to Kabeer's lips as he gripped Naira's waist remembering how Aria used to hate these things, how these actions of his pissed her off.

Kabeer may be physically present at this club, among his friends, dancing with a girl but his mind was somewhere else. He couldn't stop thinking about Aria and how he stalked her social media last night and was dejected when he realized he's still blocked. Kabeer however made a spam account and though Aria's instagram account was private, her profile picture is what bothered him.

It was a picture of Aria with three large pizzas and Ruhaan trying to grab one slice and Aria protecting the pizzas as if her babies.

And as Kabeer again thought of the picture and how Aria has moved on pretty quickly, the rage inside him increased, causing him to hold Naira more closely, more passionately, as if doing everything that Aria had a problem with would help him heal. It was like getting back at Aria with all these things.