Chapter 34: Let it Go

"The ease will come... indeed... let the hardships pass."

Aria was quiet... the silence and the heaviness it came bearing was unsettling.

Rizz was stealing glances between his driving but all he got was the back of her head.

She had been staring out of the window the whole ride to the hospital, the windows rolled down, the chilly wind hitting her right on the face.

The whole hope Rizz had regarding his relationship with Aria was jettisoned since the news of Kabeer's accident. It was clear Aria was affected and Rizz understood the concern but he still wasn't sure what the matter was and whether this concern was a basic concern or a concern about someone you have feelings for.

As they reached near the hospital, Aria decided to wake from her rumination.

"I guess this is because of me.", she stated, her voice cold.

Rizz slowed the car down.

"Aria... no."

"I met him today. Told him not to reach out to me. He might be stressed because of that."

The car was halted now, the engine turned off.

Rizz was done with being kept in the dark. He knew Aria felt the same way about him the way he felt about her. Maybe not with the same magnitude but maybe the half of it.

And he knew, the one thing that was holding her was her past with Kabeer.

"Who is Kabeer, Aria?"

Aria took a deep breath,as she finally looked towards Rizz, her face red because of the cold wind. Her countenance determined.

And that's when she told him everything... everything in its entirety. Nothing was held back. Nothing was cut out. Nothing was even exaggerated.

When she stopped, her eyes searching Rizz's face, silently asking for him to say something.

"Say something...", she begged.

The information was too much to take and the fact that Aria had something so true for someone that too not long ago was scraping his soul.

And there was only one thing that was on his mind.

"Do you still love him?"

"No! No...", she immediately answered.

"Or are you feeling the obligation to say no just because you are married to me now and think it's wrong?"

This second question broke Rizz as he spoke but it didn't even shake Aria.

She had already asked this to her ownself.

"No, Rizz. No. What I had with him, was new... very foreign to me at that time. It didn't even feel right. At that time as well. What I have with you is unexplainable, true and pure. You are not just a person. You are to me.... you are my definition of love. People say you are everything that you've ever loved and I'm all about you, Rizz."

Then no words were needed.

Rizz pulled her towards him, holding her close, a silent promise to never let go.

"This is where it begins, now and forever, to choose... and I choose you, Aria."

..................................

The chemically cleaned floors and the bright florescent lights were making her head spin. She felt her grip tighten on her husband's hand as she walked towards the room the receptionist guided them to.