Chapter 20- Bitter Sweet

"I have a longing... a longing of belonging to someone, somewhere....
Been to places, met people,
Nothing and no one felt like home;
Until I found you...."
.................

It would've been funny seeing Aria slip off a couch if it was any other moment but right now no one felt it even remotely funny as they could relate to the shock Aria was feeling right now.

When everything started to settle in, people tried connecting the dots and after much scrutiny of the past few days, they felt that their doubts of something cooking between Aria and Rizz were actually true.

Meanwhile Aria couldn't even find any logic behind all this.

Yes, she had a crush on Rizz but she always thought he was kind of out of her league and to be honest, she never actually felt something more for him than a stupid crush.

She liked him?
Yes.

She found him attractive?
Double Yes.

She loved him?
NO.

Taking in a deep breath, she finally dared to look up and saw everyone's eyes on her, intrigued.

Except one pair that belonged to Zainab.

Zainab was expected to look angry and furious because c'mon everyone knew the feelings she held for her cousin. That reaction was expected and was acceptable at that time.

But right now, she was pale and stiff. It was like she saw a ghost and she didn't know what to do or how to get away.

Shrugging everything off, Aria tried finding her lost voice.

"I.... Uhm....Can we talk?", Aria questioned without even looking up towards Rizz but everyone knew who this question was pointed at.

She heard a small 'sure' as she heard some shuffling and felt someone near her.

She again looked up to find Rizz towering her as he patiently waited for her to walk to another room.

And she finally did.

The walk to another room was the most quickest thing Aria had done in her entire life.

She practically ran towards it.

And as soon as she entered it, she went towards the balcony and finally felt.... alive.

The blood inside of her finally started to pump freely and now she could hear the loud beating... no... thumping of her heart.

She finally dared to look at him who again was making her all scarlet because of the serious yet nervous look he held on his handsome face.

It was actually kind of cute and funny to find him this nervous after the scene he created proposing to her in front of the whole family.

"So.... I know that was....", Rizz struggled to form a right sentence.

"Unexpected?", Aria completed.

"Yeah."

There was again a silence for a minute or two.

"You can say no, y'know.", Rizz spoke again and Aria felt a small part of her heart hurting hearing that.

She narrowed her eyes at him and Rizz held his hands up in defence.

"I mean... I.... its your choice.", he cleared out.

Aria now crossed her arms across her chest and fully turned towards Rizz.

"You just announced that you want to marry me and here you are not even trying to convince me to marry you while we are alone? You're a piece of work ya Rizz!", she exclaimed, her voice laced with amusement which made Rizz chuckle.