Chapter 6: Distance

"My heart used to ache whenever I used to think of the distance between the places you and I lived in,
Now it feels nothing compared to the one which both of our hearts have developed...
The part of my soul which resided with you is no longer with you,
I guess I've got it back or lost it, forever."

Five curious pairs of eyes stared at the slumped figure with a gloomy face, trying to decipher what lead to such a situation.

"Aria, will you please stop drinking that flavoured water and tell us what's wrong?", Ruhaan irritatingly questioned and Aria huffed.

She took the straw out of her mouth and slumped into her seat.

"That's my detox water okay and nothing's wrong.", she replied although her eyes said something else.

Well, the thing is she got some scolding from her mother and aunts the last night when she and Rizz almost created a havoc. As if that wasn't enough, Samreen went and told her husband about it the next day, that is today which resulted in Aria getting strict warning and scolding from her father as well.

"Sup, everyone?", Ziyad greeted as he joined his friends and everyone greeted back.

"Okay I have to tell you guys something.", he announced and everyone looked at him, giving him his full attention.

He waited for a few seconds and then looked at Aria.

"Uhm, Aria, can you go somewhere else please? I wanna discuss this with my friends and since you don't consider us your friends sooo...", Ziyad trailed off and Aria groaned.

"Fine. Enjoy with your friends.", Aria deadpanned but managed to give a fake smile as she got up and turned to leave, only to be caught by Ziyad who very gently held her elbow and pulled her back.

"Oof, someone's really in a bad mood!", he exclaimed.

"Who told him?", Aria questioned referring to her sour mood and Tanya rolled her eyes.

"We wrote that in our WhatsApp group which you didn't even cared to open. Now stop with the drama and tell us what happened.", Tanya almost warned and Aria sighed. She knew she had to tell her friends.

So in twenty minutes Aria ranted out what happened.

"So basically that idiot got you in trouble?", Anisha asked for a confirmation and Aria shook her head.

"Unknowingly, but yeah. Also, my parents gave me two options. Either to stay quiet and not cross paths with Rizz whenever he is in the same room as me or not visit any of the events which Rizz and his family are gonna attend. Can you believe that?", Aria dramatically explained and her friends nodded trying their best to console her.

Soon the topic drifted to Ziyad's cousin's upcoming wedding and everyone indulged into that discussion.

On the other hand, at Tahrina Mahmood's house a rather serious conversation was taking place.

Yes, the alliance of Awez and Fariha.

"So, seems like you really like her.", Tahrina asked her brother who gave a soft smile.

"I do. She's a decent lady. Also, on deen. And she seems very understanding.", Awez explained and Tahrina agreed.

"I'll talk to her and ask her about her views about you as well. But... what about Rizz? Is he ready?", Tahrina asked and Awez sighed.

"He seems okay with it but I still don't know. He had become so different after Sahiba passed away. It's like a part of him is still hidden from me. From us. He was always a bit distant you know, trying to be too mature for his age but the change I saw in him yesterday... it's amusing. It's like I was seeing the old Rizz. It was really good.", Awez said with a smile, his eyes blinking with tears.