Chapter 23: The broken

A/n: Assalamualaikum beautiful people! So its Ramadan so Ramadan Mubarak. Hope its going well for you all. I really didn't want to update during Ramadan but eventually did but I really hope you all read it only after completing your daily prayers and stuff. Also, please pray for me and my family and our health and take care of yourselves too. This covid situation has been tough for everyone now.
Hope you enjoy this chapter.
All the love.

............
"This love of ours could move mountains but only if we stopped being so oblivious..."

The ambience was more exquisite than anyone could've expected. The white and pastel pink interiors with silver and dim golden lighting made the whole hall look not less than a beautiful palace.

The faint smell of flowers mixed with that of some candles made the whole aura more pleasant and serene.

Aria pushed the strand of her hair behind her ear as she stared at her phone screen, brows furrowed in frustration.

It was a text from Rizz saying he just arrived and might not be able to attend the Nikah.

"Its okay... not like he is missing the whole wedding.", Aaminah tried to comfort her which didn't quite work.

"I told him to get his ass up early but who listens to me anyway.", Aria kept on chuntering until they were all convened for the Nikah ceremony.

All the frustration, all the tiredness was gone as soon as the ceremony began.

The supplications were being recited and Aria couldn't help but tear up a bit.

Maybe it was because she found it too beautiful, maybe because she was picturing herself to be in that position in a few days or maybe because she knew the ones who were tying this pure knot of marriage were doing out of love and she wanted it to be like that only but things were not turning out for her that way.

She was so immersed in the scene infront of her that she did not notice the one who was running on her mind the whole time was right there, his eyes, mind and heart... all on her.

No doubt, she looked pretty. Lavender looked pretty on her.

She smiled as the last 'I do' was heard and the whole hall burst into 'congratulations' and hugs.

She hugged two unknown ladies when something... someone tugged her dress lightly.

"Hey, love.", Aria smiled at the six year old boy with a cute face.

He was grinning back at her.

He shyly extended his hand towards her which held a small bag, just a bit bigger than Aria's palm.

"That 'bhai' gave this for you.", he informed and ran off as Aria took the bag from him.

She didn't have to look around to find the eyes that were responsible for  causing somersaults in her stomach these days.

There was Rizz, in all his glory, looking more handsome than always in the traditional kurta, a smile plastered on his face.

He gestured Aria to open the small jute bag and she obliged.

Her smile was now turned into a grin, her cheeks flustered as she saw some dry fruits, chocolates and two small notes, numbered one and two.

She glanced towards Rizz then focused her attention on the first note as she opened it.

"Shukr that I was'nt much late. You look beautiful, MashaAllah.
Ps: read the second note after eating the chocolates. They are amazing."