Thirteen

I'm torn. I'm not sure if I should tell Olivia how I feel about Shayne. It's not because I don't trust her or anything, it's just, I know she's going to be like "I knew it!" or "Took you long enough!"

I found myself standing outside on my balcony just staring off into the distance.

To be honest, I never expected things to turn out this way. Not that much has really changed. I've only realized feelings for a guy that I've been friends with for like five years now and the guy that...I work with.

Damn it, I forgot that I work with him. How did that slip my mind? Ian would never let us break the rules even if he does like us.

But, of course, it's not like I actually want to be in a relationship with Shayne. I mean, sure he's nice, funny and not to mention incredibly....

I do want to be in a relationship with him, don't I?

I rested my head on the railing and let out a sigh. I can't think like this. Shayne and I are just friends and even if I do want this, we can't bend the rules. Plus, like he said before, he's never thought about his friends as more than just friends. It's hopeless.

Still, I can't help but think about what it would be like to be his girlfriend. I was there when he had his previous girlfriend and he was incredibly nice and caring towards her. I knew and still know that any girl that would be with him is the luckiest bitch in the world. The thought of being with him, holding his hands, cuddling with him, even kissing him just makes me feel warm inside. I've never felt this before.

Unfortunately, all that is just a fantasy. I haven't even confessed to anyone and I managed to hit the friendzone. People are right, that place sucks!

Would it hurt to know how he feels though? What if...maybe he was willing to be with me? We could be happy together.

Even if there are rules that strictly forbid these things between us, I have to let him know how I feel. It's only right. We're best friends. Hell, I even stole the best friend spot from Damien because I knew more about his postmates orders. It's not right of me to keep a secret like this from him.

I'll tell him exactly how I feel. I'll do it!

...at least I'll try.

Conflicted with her feelings, Courtney settles on the choice of telling Shayne how she feels despite the rules placed on them. Will she be able to do it? And what will become of their relationship?