Five

"Ugh, what a flight. I couldn't sleep in that small space," Keith complained as he stretched. We made it to the island and just got off the plane.

"You think you had it bad? I couldn't do shit between those two sweaty guys. It smelled like fish the entire time," Noah said.

"Sorry to hear you had a rough time, buddy. But hey, now we're here and we're going to have an amazing time out here on this island, right, guys?" Ian asked filled with enthusiasm.

"Right, now let's head to the hotel so I can put all this stuff away," Olivia dragged her bags behind her as she approached us.

"Well it's not our fault you packed a million bags," Shayne said.

"You never know what we might need," Olivia leaned on her pile of bags. "Vacations always require extra things just in case"

"How many extras does an island vacation require?"

"This many," she pointed to her bags.

"Come on, let's go," Ian grabbed his things and motioned for us to follow him. We all made our way out of the airport and into the open air. This place looked absolutely beautiful and we haven't even left the parking lot yet. There are palm trees lining the streets and tons of shops and places to eat.

"Where exactly is this hotel you speak of?" I asked.

"Well, it's not too far from here. At least it shouldn't be," Ian pulled out his phone and opened the maps app. He checked it for a few minutes before turning back to look at us. "Okay, it's just down the road. It's the hotel that's in front of the beach"

"Uh, Ian," Shayne looked around, "You're going to have to be a bit more specific. A lot of places here and near the beach. It's an island"

"Right, just follow me"

We all walked down the road following Ian. Olivia struggled with her tower of luggage and Shayne and I ended up helping her out. Once we finally made it to the hotel I dropped the bags I was carrying and plopped down in the nearest chair.

"Jesus, Olivia. What do you have in those bags? Rocks?" I asked.

"In this one I do," she opened a bag and pulled out a painted rock, "Can't go anywhere without these"

I looked over at Shayne and he just shook his head.

"Don't ask me," he said.

"Alright, everyone. Come on over here," Ian said. We all crowded around Ian and he handed us all room keys. "Now, we all have our own rooms, but some of them are connected. I let the girls have two of the connected rooms and Keith and Noah have the other connected rooms. Shayne, you and I will have to be by ourselves"

"Now that we have ways into our rooms, let's get up to them," I said. We grabbed everything we had and took them to our rooms. One side of the hallway was me, Olivia and then Shayne while the other side was Ian, Noah, and then Keith.

I unlocked my door and walked in. It was actually super nice. It had one big bed sitting across from a big screen TV on top of a brown table. I had my own little kitchen in the walkway as soon as you walk in and a balcony with a big glass door. I walked out onto the balcony and just looked out at the view I had. I could see the beach down below and the ocean splashing up against the sand. There was even a chair and a small table set up out here so I could sit out here and enjoy the view and sounds from the ocean. This vacation is already amazing and I haven't even left my hotel room!