Eleven

We ended up taking a small break because Keith and Damien needed to, you know, go. I decided to sit next to Shayne on a bench as there was room and my feet were killing me.

"Tired?" He asked.

"Yeah, my feet just kinda hurt. We've been walking around all day," I pulled my leg up on the bench and massaged my foot.

"Yeah, but as tourists we have to check out everything we can. If you want I could carry you for a bit"

"Nah, that's fine. It's not that bad"

I don't know why, but I got to thinking...what if we were more than friends? I mean, it's something I never thought about before and you'd think it would be weird since he's like my best friend, but for some reason, it doesn't.

"Hey, Shayne?"

"Hm?"

"Have you ever...um, had some kind of feelings for a best friend before? Just wondering"

"Hmm...not that I can remember. I think I never really thought about any of my friends that way. But I don't know. What about you?"

"Oh, well...yeah"

"Really? Neat"

"Yeah..."

"Alright guys," Ian said, "Let's head back out now that we're rested"

I stood up and took my first step, but my feet were still hurting. I almost fell, but a strong arm caught me before then. I was pulled up and met face to face with Shayne. I felt my face heat up and I couldn't decide whether to freak out or thank him. Instead, I did this:

"I...u....th-than..."

Yeah. I STUTTERED.

"You okay there?" He asked. I decided to just nod instead of embarrassing myself more. "Obviously you can't walk just yet, so will you let me carry you now?"

"Fine"

I got up on his back and wrapped my arms around his neck as he held my legs up with his arms. It was strangely comfortable there.

I looked beside me to see Olivia giving me a thumbs up. I just ignored her and held onto Shayne as we made our way through town.

This one was kinda short. Sorry about that 😅. Anyway, I'm really enjoying writing these again and I'll definitely keep doing this more often.