Six

I sat out on the balcony looking out onto the moonlit ocean and the darkened beach. Hearing the water splash against the sand was enough to put me to sleep. The table next to me had a small candle that I lit. It was very relaxing out here.

"Hey, Court," Olivia appeared behind me and walked out onto the balcony.

"Hey, it's convenient that our rooms are connected, huh?" I asked.

"Yeah," she laughed, "What are you doing out here?"

"Just hanging out. I love this view I have and the ambience of the ocean waves is absolutely beautiful"

"I agree. If I leave my balcony door open just a bit I'm able to hear it from my bed. I actually almost fell asleep not too long ago"

We sat in silence for a bit. Olivia pulled out her phone and typed something.

"Ian wants us to meet in his room. He wants to talk about plans and things," Olivia said.

"Okay, let's go"

We both exited my room and I locked the door. We made our way to Ian's room and knocked on his door. He opened it and everyone was already there.

"Hey, girls," he invited us in, "Now that you're here I can start talking about our plans for this vacation. So, these days are for relaxation, but also fun. I found some fun activities for us to do, and we will be vlogging this too"

"Sounds like a plan," Shayne said leaning back in his chair.

"Glad you think so. Now, this doesn't mean you can't do stuff you want to do. We'll have times and days where you can go off and explore if you'd like to," Ian explained, "There's lots to do here and I'd hate to plan out your whole vacation. Now, we're going to film a vlog clip explaining what's going on now if that's okay"

"Yeah, of course," I said.

Ian grabbed the camera, turned it on, and faced it towards the group.

"Hey, guys. Can you guess where we are?" He asked to the camera. There was no response as it is just a camera. "Fine I'll tell you. We're out here on an island! We decided that we needed a bit of a summer vacation, and what's a vacation without your family, right?"

"Exactly," Damien said. Ian turned the camera towards him. "We're gonna be out here for about a week or so, and we'll be filming bits of it to show you guys"

"Right, you're a part of our family too," Olivia said, "We want you to come along and have fun with us!"

"You heard it here, kids," Ian said directing the camera at only him, "Welcome to the Smosh vacation!"

He turned off the camera and smiled at us.

"That'll be a good enough intro," he said. After that we all headed back to our rooms to go to sleep. I was headed back to my room when I was stopped by Shayne.

"Hey, I just wanted to say goodnight. You know, it's much better than texting it to you at 12 am," he said.

"Yeah," I laughed, "Goodnight, Shayne. See you tomorrow"

He waved to me and made his way to his room. I watched as he unlocked the door and walked in. Just that conversation made something inside me flare up a bit. It's probably nothing.