Eight

We made it to the beach once everyone had gotten ready. It was a nice place with a bunch of people I don't know. Plus an ocean. I was sitting in the shade under a canopy tent with Olivia who was taking the time to read a book.

"Are you ever going to go out there?" I asked her.

"Are YOU ever going to go out there?" She looked up at me.

"Fair enough"

Shayne came trotting over with a frisbee in his hand. He seemed tired like he had been running around in the sun. Oh wait.

"Wow, you girls are boring," he grabbed a bottle of water from the cooler that I was leaned up against. "Damien, Noah and I are tossing this frisbee around if you girls want to join"

"No, that's okay," I said, "I was going to head into the water anyway"

"Okay, we'll try our best not to hit you on your way there," he said running back towards the others.

I looked out at the ocean and spotted Keith wondering whether or not he should agitate the water or not. I decided to head over and check on him.

"What are you scared of the water or something?" I asked. He looked back at me and then the water.

"There's a bunch of shells on the sand and someone said something about jellyfish," he said, "I'm just conflicted"

"Well you enjoy being conflicted. I'm going to actually get in," I got into the water and it felt nicer than being out of it. However, I can't say it was exactly the cleanest water I've been been. It is a beach after all.

"Are you hurt?" Keith asked.

"Nope, in fact it feels a lot better out here," I turned towards him and lifted my arms up like I was waiting for something to hit me.

"Come on, Keith. You're not scared, are you?" Shayne appeared behind him.

"Hell no," he carefully made his way into the water and seemed tense.

"Oh hey, what's that?" Shayne pointed at the water and Keith yelped and hopped out.

"Shayne!" He yelled. Shayne and I just laughed at him.

"Oh my god," I looked at Shayne who was sinking himself into the water.

"This feels nice," he sighed. "This is why you went into the water?"

"Yeah, and it's been a while since I've been in ocean water. It feels nice, you know?"

"Yeah, this reminds me of the first Summer Games when I was ref. We did that baywatch running thing"

"Oh yeah, that was the best beach experience ever. Not just because of the obviously sexy running we all did, but also because it was my first summer games"

"Right. It was also technically my first too. I was a little more involved than I was told I was going to be"

I laughed thinking about that summer games. It was a lot of fun and made me remember why I wanted to stay at Smosh.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a splash of water. Shayne had "accidentally" splashed me.

"How dare you," I splashed him back and laughed. We continued this until we both ended up surrendering and heading back to shore.

Olivia was finally out of her nest and was taking in the sun while also dancing around on the hot sand.

"I'm gonna head back to the tent. Want me to bring you anything?" Shayne asked.

"No, thanks," I told him. Olivia trotted over to me and smiled.

"I saw what you and Shayne were doing out in the water. That was super cute," she said.

"We were just messing around," I started to walk back to the tent and Olivia followed me.

"Not what I saw. That was full on flirt fighting"

"Flirt fighting? Really?"

"Oh come on! It's a thing! At least I think so"

"What's with this sudden interest in me and Shayne?"

"Oh it's not sudden. I've been thinking about it for a while and I knew you'd be in denial of your feelings"

"I'm not in denial about anything"

"Yeah, we'll see"