Eliminating Ethan [Boy x Man] (Chapter 21)

Chapter Twenty-One

Shakira really didn't want to be stuck babysitting, but she supposed it couldn't be helped at this point.

Arriving at the apartment, she raised a hand, and knocked on the closed door although she was half tempted to just barge in. It wasn't like anyone would stop the girl anyways, and if they tried, she would just have to drop them to the floor.

Out of nervous habit, she constantly threw glances over her shoulder as she waited for the door to open. Listening closely, she couldn't hear anything but birds in the distance at first, but then she could hear the padding of footsteps coming from the other side of the door.

The metal clanging of the lock coming undone called her attention back to the door itself, and the noise was definitely out of place compared to the softer ones about her.

The door finally opened, revealing a weary looking man that definitely wasn't the one she was searching for.

For a moment she wondered if she was at the wrong apartment, but she glanced to the number on the door, and sure enough it had been the one Ethan had told her to go to.

It was also the same number the desk clerk had told her Kyle Hogin lived in.

"Kyle here?" She asked, then brushed right past the man and into the apartment.

The exhausted looking man had blinked in surprise when she barged in, but he was only taken off guard for a few moments before he was frowning.

"Don't you have--" He started to say, but then Kyle came right around the corner.

The teacher quickly stopped, looking at the blonde girl in complete surprise.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, doing the same thing as the other man as a frown was quick to take over his own features. "Did Ethan send you here?"

At the mention of her brother, the man behind her snorted. She threw a glance at him, but he was busying himself with closing the door as he seemed to assume she would be there for a while yet.

Turning back to Kyle, she gave him a frown. "I don't do what Ethan tells me to do. I decided to come here on my own."

"Then why are you here?" He asked with suspicion in his eyes.

Shakira's mouth opened to answer his question, but then she recalled there was someone else in the room. Her mouth snapped shut, and she stared over at him; making it painfully obvious that whatever she said probably wasn't for his ears.

"More fucking secrets." He growled, but he grabbed a coat off of one of the chairs. Turning to Kyle, he pointed an accusatory finger at him. "Let me know when you're fucking done hiding shit from me."

"Austin, wai--" Kyle tried to call after the man when he had turned from the pair.

But Austin wasn't hearing it, as he yanked the door opened and made sure to slam it behind him.

Shakira simply raised an eyebrow, thinking what an attitude he had. Whatever problems Austin and Kyle were having were none of her business though, and nor did she particularly care as she turned and looked back to Kyle.

The teacher looked a little disheveled, and had the same worn on look on his face.

"There must be a lot of Hell here." She commented airly, while taking in her surroundings. "You, Ethan, and.... What was his name? Austin?" She glanced to Kyle, and when he confirmed her guess with a nod she continued, "All have the same exhausted looks on your face."

Kyle studied his ex boyfriend's sister for a few moments, and he couldn't help himself when he asked. "Is he okay?"

"He's pissed," She answered. "He's tired..."