Eliminating Ethan [Boy x Man] (Chapter 16)

Although Wednesday had been more than eventful, and the Thursday that followed didn’t have anything exciting come with it.

They had quickly found a sit in to play principal for the rest of the year, so that the school board could try and spend the remaining time looking for a new one. Everyone of the town was actually impressed how quickly the school had worked, and made noise about having to return to school the day after their principal had died.

There was an awkward tension in the school, but nobody dared to talk openly about their principal’s death.

Brett hadn’t been in school, and Ethan was grateful he wouldn’t have to deal with the other boy’s obsession for a day.

When after school studies had came around, Kyle had just let the students work on any homework they had. Sarah was missing, which didn’t surprise any of them, as they figured she was still grieving after her brother’s death. Nathan had moved to sit with Ethan, but the two didn’t do anything more than nod. After a few seconds, Sebastian even moved to sit with the two.

The two boys had briefly stared at each other when Sebastian had taken a seat beside Ethan. Sebastian only looked defensive, waiting for Ethan to say something. The younger boy couldn’t be bothered for the petty drama they had between them though, especially with all the death surrounding them all now. So the foreigner let it go, simply turning back to do his own homework, without even sparing another glance to the boy beside him. Ulks had settled then, seeming to take it as a sign he could stay, before digging into his own work.

Nathan looked briefly surprised, but he didn’t say a word, and went on drawing some picture.

The class didn’t take long to end, and the boy’s all seemed to jump up at once to leave.

Nathan had been the first out the door though, and Sebastian quickly took his chance.

“Lyons.” He said, just as Ethan was about to walk out the door.

Is this really necessary?

Ethan turned though, but didn’t say anything. He raised an eyebrow, asking a silent question without verbally asking it.

“I just…” For the first time ever, Sebastian looked almost doubtful. But then he spoke again. “Everything in this town is really fucked up right now… It wasn’t this fucked up until you showed up.” He almost looked accusing, and Ethan felt his blood running cold. He knew Sebastian was smart, but he didn’t think he was so smart to come to the same conclusion the police had.

Kyle was still in the room, and he looked both concerned and scared as he threw a glance in Ethan’s direction.

“What are you saying?” Ethan asked threateningly. “You think I have something to do with all this?”

Sebastian chewed his lip, looking thoughtful for a moment before finally shaking his head.

“No. I don’t.” He answered, which completely threw Ethan off.

The younger boy frowned. “Then why…?”

“I think that Brent kid is behind it all.” Sebastian said with a frown. “And I think you think it is too.”

Ethan’s eyes were practically bulging out of his head, surprised that Sebastian was able to think this all through so easily. Again, if this was something Sebastian could figure out, who else would find out?

“I don’t give a fuck about you and Kyle.” Sebastian finally said, while shifting his weight now. “I’m not going to tell anyone about you guys. It’s not worth it anymore… I just want the murders to stop before someone else has to die.”