Eliminating Ethan [Boy x Man] (Chapter 23; Part 1)

Hey guys, it's me again. 

Just wanted to mention that instead of the last few uploads being chapter 22, 23, and 24, I just decided to make them chapter 22 part 1, 2, and 3. Just so you guys don't get confused :P 

Well enjoy!

~RichieMonster.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty Five

The first thing that registered in Ethan's mind was the painful throbbing that occurred in his head. It came to him before his eyes even opened, and he couldn't help but scrunch his face up and grunt in pain.

Next was the silence. It was quiet, almost too quiet, and that always bothered him when he was first waking up. He was used to the sounds of the city, or the sound of someone breathing beside him. Hell, he was even used to the sound of beeping monitors. But silence? Silence was never a good sign for him.

His brows furrowed in confusion and pain, before he struggled to open his eyes.

Still it was dark, but not pitch black like it had been behind his eyelids. Blearily he blinked; trying to get his orbs to focus so he could take in his surroundings.

The room was different than the warehouse he had first found. This was almost like a bedroom, but it was completely void of any furniture. It was the structure of the room that made it seem like such, since it didn't have anything but a door leading to it. The walls were a dark maroon shade, and the only light that was currently in the room was a ceiling window that was in the center of the said ceiling.

Brett and his minions were missing, but Ethan was quick to notice he wasn't alone.

Seeing Shakira made him grit his teeth. He wasn't too surprised, as he knew he should've expected Brett to be at least smart enough to nab his sister as well.

Seeing Kyle was another story.

For a moment he had thought his heart stopped beating, and he stared in shock at his ex. His blood had ran cold, and the need to protect his boyfriend made his pulse shudder to a stop.

Then came the emotional pain.

Heartbreak clutched at his heart, and it was almost worse than the pounding in his head. He told himself to be rational, that the pain wasn't real....

But God, it hurts...

He tore his gaze away from Kyle, knowing he had to focus on other things right now.

Each of them had their wrists and ankles bound by rough rope. It was tight, but not tight enough to cut off any circulation in his appendages. It was just enough to be uncomfortable and make certain that they wouldn't be coming off.

Shakira didn't seem to have any damage done to her, though she was out cold. She was limp against the wall, and Ethan wasn't particularly sure how much longer she'd be passed out for. What worried him about her, was how was Brett able to find out she was even in the area so quickly? It wasn't like she was just out walking around... Unless they had tried to go after Kyle and managed to nab her as well.

Damn.

Carefully Ethan maneuvered his way against the wall, hoping to get his arms somehow in front of him. The only way he'd be able to do it would be to dislocate his shoulder, he realized after from flexing, and that didn't seem like an ideal situation to put himself in. He was already in enough pain, he didn't need to push himself through even more.