Eliminating Ethan [Boy x Man] (Chapter 4)

Chapter Four

Since it was only Monday, Ethan didn't have to worry about having any after school studies. But he did now have to worry about attending detention after class.

And as he was sitting in the cafeteria and just waiting for the time to tick by, he slowly became aware of something:

He had no idea what his boyfriend was doing at the school when Kyle wasn't trying to help the groups out with their futures. 

Realizing this made him suddenly sit up, as he realized that was probably something he should have known by now. But then again, how much did he actually know about Kyle to begin with? 

He knew the man's name, which was Kyle Hogin, but then he also realized he didn't even know his middle name. His age? He wasn't sure of that either. He didn't know Kyle's favorite food, color, song, music genre, TV show, movie, or anything, really. 

Even though Ethan was panicking inside over the lack of facts he knew about his lover, he realized Kyle probably knew only about as much about him. So at least he wasn't the only one slacking in the relationship.

How could he claim to love someone he barely even knew though? Sure, Kyle had already proved to be there for him through thick and thin, but could you really just base love off of someone who was there for you? Didn't you have to know their quirks as well before you suddenly decided it was meant to be?

Internally, Ethan felt like he was having an anxiety attack over his ignorance. Outwardly, he looked completely pulled together.

A year ago, the boy wouldn't have even been bothered by something as simple as this. He would just find it funny, and then try to figure out things about the other man. But after everything he had been through, the littlest things were starting to throw him off and make him have a near mental break down. 

It was probably because of the stress he had been feeling since being under cover, but at the current moment, he was still struggling to comprehend the fact he didn't even know the guy he was dating. 

Deep down, he knew it was stupid of him to be freaking out in the first place, but that didn't stop him from still worrying about the whole situation. 

He had done a great job of making the time go by faster though as Mrs. Taylor finally stood up.

"All right, you're all free to go." She said, and he didn't need to be told twice.

He didn't bother to wait for Shawn, and he didn't even bother to try and wait to punch Sebastian in the face. Of course that was still a priority of his, but he now had more serious things on his mind. 

Thankfully, he didn't have to search far to find his boyfriend, since the teacher had been casually waiting for him right outside of the cafeteria with Austin in tow. He only made eye contact with his love, making sure he got at least some sort of hint, before quickly turning and walking out of the school without another glance to anyone.

There seemed to be a pause, but then he heard footsteps following after him. It was only one pair though, instead of two, which meant Austin must have stayed behind. Another thing he was thankful for, since he could feel his emotions running rapid instead his head. He really didn't want to freak out in front of a man he barely knew, but that was only ironic considering he didn't even know Kyle when it came down to it.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Kyle asked when he finally managed to match his pace with his boyfriend's. 

The older man's hand brushed against the younger's, and Ethan wasn't sure it was intentional or not, but the simple touch did bring a moment of comfort to him.