Eliminating Ethan [Boy x Man] (Chapter 5)

The air was getting chillier at night, especially now that they were making their way into November. Ethan didn't mind the cold the night brought along though, especially on a night like this.

A dark blue button up shirt covered his abdomen, and black skinny jeans covered up his lower half. Had the weather been as hot as it was at the beginning of the school year, he'd probably be burning up in the center of Kyle's truck.

His boyfriend looked rather handsome himself, he noted as he glanced over to the man beside him. Being a teacher and all, Kyle was dressed up for a majority of the week. It would make more sense for Ethan to be taken aback seeing his boyfriend dressed casually, but there was something exciting about the fact he was dressed up solely for him.

Kyle was wearing a button up shirt as well, but his was a light gray. The pair of pants he wore were different, being a pair of tan khakis instead of a matching pair of jeans.

The older one had his eyes on the road, and they were sitting in a comfortable silence. Ethan sat in the middle of the seats, his arm leaning against Kyle's while holding hands.

They had decided to go to the restaurant referred to as Twelve, which Ethan himself had never heard of before. His boyfriend, Shawn, and Austin had all said that was one of the most expensive restaurants around, so he wasn't going to complain about it's sketchy name. After all, who names an expensive restaurant after a number?

Of course Austin and Shawn had pouted the slightest bit over the fact they wouldn't be getting any food themselves, but the couple promised to stop a McDonald's and bring them back some sort of food. So that quickly got them to shut up, as they wished the pair a good time.

The young killer was slightly worried about getting caught, but he pushed his anxiety to the back of his mind. The last thing he was going to do was let his paranoia ruin the first date he had been on with his boyfriend of nearly two months.

The ride suddenly ended as Kyle pulled into a parking lot, parking the truck before shutting it off. The men managed to pull away from one another long enough to climb out of the truck, before Ethan was immediately back at his side.

From the outside, the windows looked nice, but overall, the outside looked a little sketchy. Some of the stones that held the restaurant together were chipped, and it just looked like a side of an abandoned building instead of a five star restaurant.

Kyle seemed to be reading Ethan's thoughts as he chuckled. "It's much better inside, I promise."

"You've been here before?" Ethan asked curiously while he was lead to the building in question.

"My parents brought me here to celebrate my birthday after I had finished college." Kyle said, giving a small shrug like it was nothing big.

Ethan could easily think of three more questions to ask just from that one explanation, but he supposed he should save it until they got to a table. Especially since they had just slipped into the building, and he had momentarily been taken by surprise.

Just like Kyle had said, it was much nicer inside than it was out. Everything appeared to be in modern fashion and completely up to date.

The building was dimly lit, but that didn't stop the asparagus green wall paper from being noticed. They looked lovely though, and a dark umber brown trim completely complimented the walls. The floor was hardware, and a much bright shade of brown than the trim itself was. They all clashed together nicely though, and Ethan definitely had to give props to whoever designed the place.

At least on the inside, anyways. The outside could use a little more work.

On the left side, there were plenty of booths with the seats being the same shade of green, and the tables being the same hue of brown that was used on the walls and trim. Some were big enough for family of four, and some were seated for couples and singles. Again, everything looked modernized as the booths were cut into funky shapes and looked beyond fancy.