Eliminating Ethan [Boy x Man] (Chapter 9)

It was well into the night, and the rain was pounding down on the roof of an abandoned warehouse. The boy had no idea what it was previously used for, but it was good enough for him and his men to stay in while they waited for the enemy to give in.

The very enemy he was failing at making surrender.

“This isn’t working…” He mumbled out loud, frowning at his feet while they carried him back and forth across the room.

He had been like this for hours, trying to find a new way to get under Ethan’s skin. In this part of the building, he was completely alone in the dim lighted room. He had ventured away from the others soon after they had ate, and now here he was left to think alone.

Which was probably best, since it was hard to tell what his anger would lead him to do.

Although it was clear that Brett had gotten under Ethan’s skin, he knew the other boy well enough to know it would take much more to push him over the edge. But what else could he do? What was more drastic than killing people off?

Well for starters he was only killing random people off. If he wanted to do the job right, he’d have to find people Ethan generally cared about around here. If he started killing them off, that would easily make the boy break.

Or so Brett hoped.

But how could he figure out who Ethan was close to? Even for the small moments they had crossed paths during school, it was evident that the German mostly kept to himself.

There was always the teacher he seemed to hang out with, but it might be that very teacher that kept Ethan from killing Brett already. If he killed off the teacher, then it would probably seal off his own fate.

“Too many ‘ifs’,” Brett grumbled with a frown.

This was all so complicated; not nearly as black and white as it used to be. But what did he expected when he was going after Ethan Stein himself?

Ethan Stein had never been beat. He’s come bitterly close to it both under Brett and Alexa’s attacks, but he had still came out as the successor.

“But not again..” Came the Frenchman’s declaration.

“Um, Sir?”

The boy glanced up from where he stood near the center of his room, up to the small balcony where one of his men were standing. This man looked uncertain, not moving to the stairs yet as he waited to be acknowledged.

“What is it?” Brett snapped, frustrated by his own thoughts, and not wanting to be interrupted.

“Sir Leroy is on the phone.”

This made the younger one perk up, but he looked almost frightened. Like a deer caught in headlights, he momentarily stayed frozen for a few seconds before he regained his control.

A frown once again settled on his face, looking irritated again. His hand struck out towards the other man, offering the palm upwards as he waited for the phone to be tossed down to him.

The expression on the other man’s face hadn’t changed in the least, but he looked just as hesitant when the younger one had offered his hand out. He wasn’t about to go against his silent orders though, so with a small flick of his own wrist, he tossed the disposable phone down to the waiting one.