Eliminating Ethan [Boy x Man] (Chapter 6)

Ethan had quickly came close to regretting going on a date with Kyle the night before. He didn't, but as the day had dragged on, he found himself struggling more and more to keep his eyes open.

They hadn't stayed out all that late, but when they had gotten back to the apartment, they figured 'Who needs sleep?' and went on to talk for the rest of the night.

In a way, Ethan was used to working on little to no sleep. From once being a contract killer and someone constantly needing to die, to when nightmares would take over his mind to the point he was frightened of sleep, he had grown to expect not getting more than an hour of sleep a night.

Slowly his life was once again becoming accustomed to little sleep, but it was still a struggle to get used to the habit. It was much easier to live off of no sleep, then begin sleeping all the time, instead of vice versa.

He could only wonder how Kyle was handling the loss of sleep.

Thankfully the day had gone by quickly, and he was already heading to the cafeteria to make up his detention. Then after that, he would have to go to his Independent Studies class, which he would never bother to complain about. The only reason he would complain would be because he would have to put up with Sebastian for another hour of the day. But at least Sarah and Nathan weren't as annoying as he had thought they would be at the beginning of the year. And with Kyle being in the room, it helped the time pass by faster. All he would have to do is suffer with Seba--

Oh wait.

The boy remembered that Sebastian had ended up staying home that day as he strolled into the cafeteria.

Ms. Taylor hadn't seem to be around yet, but there were already four other boys, including Nathan and Shawn, already gathered.

Ethan made his way to an empty table that was beside both Nathan's and Shawn's, and dropped his bag down beside a chair he planned to claim as his own. He turned to Nathan first though, curiosity keeping him from greeting his friend.

"What are you doing here?" He asked the blonde boy, who seemed to immediately pout at the question.

"I was trying to steal some food during lunch earlier, and I got caught. Now I have to pay for the food I didn't even get to keep, attend in school suspension tomorrow, and I have a weeks worth of detention." He explained, though it sounded a lot more like complaining to Ethan.

Shawn, who was listening in, gave a low whistle. "That's rough."

"Tell me about it." Nathan grumbled, before he seemed to perk up some. "At least I'll be able to make up all of my missing school work tomorrow."

"How much of that do you have?" Ethan asked with a raised eyebrow while finally sliding into his chair.

The younger blonde went to open his mouth, but it was then that Ms. Taylor came in and slammed a book down onto the desk.

"Listen here, munchkins." She snapped, which ended the conversation between the trio, and the boys across the room who seemed to be obvious friends.

Judging by the worried glances they exchanged, Ethan assumed this was their first time having a detention.

"Apparently I'm not allowed to swear at you guys anymore." She grumbled, which made Nathan snicker. The teacher immediately glared at him, and the laughter abruptly cut off.

Clearly he values his life more than pissing off a teacher.

"So, if you all keep your damn mouths shut, I won't have to do that. Sit there, keep your mouths shut, and this half hour will go by quickly for the both of us." She finished explaining while plopping into her own seat.