Eliminating Ethan [Boy x Man] (Chapter 17; Part 2)

Chapter Seventeen (Part Two)

Ethan’s heart was racing as he stared hard out the windows of the truck. He was trying to look out of all of them at once, but was completely failing at it.

Of course Kyle and Sebastian were also looking out them, but he couldn’t help but trust his judgement over there’s.

The only reason Sebastian was with them in the first place was because Ethan didn’t dare to send the boy out on his own. And there simply wasn’t enough time, in Ethan’s opinion, to drop the jock off at home first. He knew Kyle and Sebastian both secretly thought that Sebastian probably shouldn’t have been there, but the boy himself was too frantic with worry about his best friend to take a moment to think logically.

This is all my fault…

Right now, they were quickly yet slowly driving through the park, looking for any sign of the older boy.

Ethan didn’t know why people didn’t bother to look there first. All of the other victims had wound up there, so wouldn’t it make sense for Shawn to be there as well? But the others, the others being Shawn’s family and the police, could just be in denial, simply trying to tell themselves the blonde had only wandered off for a bit, and would surely turn up soon.

Ethan knew better though.

His heart was thudding in his chest, and he was sure he could start having an anxiety attack at any moment. Even though they were at the park now, they looked hard down alley ways and back streets on their way to it.

Maybe he is okay… Maybe he just wanted to walk around for a bit…. It’s not like Brett would have known how close Shawn and I were in the first place. But if I do find Shawn, I’m going to fucking kill him for scaring the shit out of me like this…

This wasn’t the first time Ethan had felt so helpless. He knew the feeling quite well, actually, but it wasn’t something you could just grow used to. It was like death, really. And when you combined the two, it only gave yourself Hell.

He didn’t like the feeling that had came over him, but what else could he do? He was doing all he could right now, and the only thing he could do was drive around and hope that his best friend would pop up out of nowhere and claim to be fine.

Then Ethan would have to kick his ass all over the place for the scare, but at least Shawn would be okay. For the most part, since he’d probably be pretty damaged by the time Ethan had finished with him.

“Where the fuck is he?” Ethan grumbled softly to himself, trying to find a different emotion to cling to. It was hard to stick with just one though, because it seemed that he felt a new emotion every few seconds. It varied from frustration, to worry, going all the way to panic, before he could settle on the same hopeless desperation of finding his friend okay. And God did he hope, he hoped more than anything that they would find Shawn in one piece.

Ethan had nearly missed it, but he knew instantly something didn’t look right about the ground several feet away from him. Doing a double take, he knew it wasn’t right, and before he could even tell Kyle to stop the truck he had thrown himself out of it.