Eliminating Ethan [Boy x Man] (Chapter 23; Part 2)

Chapter Twenty Six

It hadn't taken the trio long to unbind their ropes and free themselves.

The only one that was majorly injured was Ethan, but he didn't bother to dilly dally around as he was already letting his twin climb on top of him to reach the window.

They didn't know how much time they had, and they made sure to speak casually just in case someone was listening in.

"I can't believe how cold it is." Shakira said as nonchalantly as she could, gritting her teeth a little as she stood on Ethan's and Kyle's hands. Thankfully, cheerleading had conditioned the twins for this sort of thing, but Kyle was struggling some in being helpful.

"If I could give you my shirt, I would." Ethan replied, slowly easing his sister higher into the air towards the window.

Her hands finally pressed against the glass pane, and she tested the windows strength before she began pushing at it. It didn't seem to be locked, but it wasn't budging right away. If worst came to worst, she probably would heave her brother up there to just smash it open, but the plan was remain quiet.

She pushed harder, since it seemed the window hadn't been used in forever. Still, nothing was working and she reluctantly pulled her hands away.

"It's locked." She whispered defeatedly.

Ethan sighed, and shared a nod with Kyle as they lowered her back onto solid ground. She hopped off their hands once she was close enough then turned and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Now what?" She demanded as she looked at her brother.

Ethan was studying the window, trying to figure out how hard it would be to open up. "Could you guys raise me up there?"

Both of them grimaced at the thought since Kyle had struggled enough with Shakira. Ethan had even bared most of his sister's weight, yet it was still difficult for the teacher to help.

"Can you get on Kyle's shoulders or something?" Shakira asked instead.

Ethan and Kyle exchanged glances.

"We could try it." Kyle offered.

At this point, the group probably would've tried anything.

Things were still awkward between the student and teacher, and it didn't help that Ethan had to climb on him now. Kyle had crouched for the smaller male, and Ethan carefully climbed onto his shoulders. Shakira moved forward to help and make sure neither of them would topple over. Once Ethan was situated, Kyle slowly raised to his full height. It was a little wobbly, but Ethan was able to touch the window if he reached enough.

Like his sister, he tried to push it open. The glass threatened to shatter under his hands though, and that would create too much noise.

Thank God he still had the knife.

Carefully, he used it to begin prying away at the trim around the windows. It seemed fairly old, and with a new knife it started to pop off rather easily. Once he had one side done, he lowered the piece of wood down to his sister. Dropping it would have made too much noise, after all.

Shakira happened to realize they were probably being too quiet as she took the piece of wood.

"Ethan, we seriously need to consider getting out of here... " She began, while setting it off to the side and her brother started on the next piece. "We can't just sit around here forever and let Brett torture us.."

"I know, Shakira." Ethan replied, his tone irritated because of the window. It was easy considering it was a window, but it still had it's difficulties. Not to mention his arm strength was a little weakened due to his bleeding arm. "I don't know what you want me to do though."