Eliminating Ethan [Boy x Man] (Chapter 14)

Ethan knew he couldn't skip school forever, even though the idea of dropping out was beginning to look better and better.

He spent the night with Cathy again, who had been more than thrilled, and Shawn had ended up staying too. His parents hadn't been so certain at first, but once he promised he would still attend school, and made up a slight lie that Ethan really needed him right now, they had reluctantly agreed to let him.

Cathy had made them food, and they ate together like a weird little family. Afterwards, they had done the dishes, and once that was completed they played video games for several hours. It had been a while since either of them had played, but it didn't take them long to remember how to play.

It felt great for Ethan to actually have the time to do something teenager like with a friend. Now that Shawn knew part of the truth, it felt even better to hang out with the other boy. When it was just them hanging out, Ethan had felt like a normal kid, just spending some time with his best friend.

Around midnight or so, Cathy had scolded at them to go to bed which they reluctantly agreed to do. They decided to put in a movie though, the latest James Bond movie, and made a fake bed on the floor using a couple blankets and pillows.

The next morning, Ethan had woken first, and decided to let his friend sleep a little longer as he left for the bathroom. He showered quickly, not quite sure what time it was before he was walking back into the living room with a towel around his waist.

"Hey kiddo." Cathy had greeted, wearing nothing but a t-shirt and some underwear as she sipped some coffee. "I laid out some of your and Shawn's old clothes on the couch for you guys. Go get dressed and wake him up, and I'll make you guys some breakfast."

Ethan nodded, giving a small yawn as he wandered away from the kitchen. From where he stood by the couch, he was unseen by Cathy, so he quickly dropped his towel and yanked on a pair of boxers.

"What time is it?" He asked, stepping into a pair of jeans, just as she came around the corner.

"It's six ten." She answered.

Ethan gave a nod, before walking over to the still sleeping boy on the ground.

"Hey, Shawn." Ethan called, gently poking at the older boy with his foot. "Sunshine. It's morning. We have school."

There was no response.

"Cathy promised food." Ethan added, and slowly the boy shifted underneath the blankets.

He gave a small sigh, before gently pushing himself up from the ground. His eyes opened, and the blonde squinted around before his bleary gaze landed on his best friend.

"What time is it?" He asked, his voice still heavy with slumber as he reached up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"Time to get up." Ethan said with a small smirk.

The boy groaned, but pushed himself into a sitting position. "Ha ha. Glad you have a sense of humor this early in the morning... Is it still dark out?" He asked squinting at the window.

"Daylight savings time is over." Cathy said. "Clocks move ahead."

He groaned, collapsing back into the mass of pillows. "It's too early."

Ethan chuckled and once again nudged at him. "C'mon, get up. Cathy will make you food if you do."

There was a pause, but then Shawn finally pushed himself up and climbed to his feet. "Oh, you know how to tempt me."

Ethan only laughed, while the boy stumbled off to the bathroom.

"I guess I'll go start. What do you want?" Cathy asked while she turned back to the kitchen.