Eliminating Ethan [Boy x Man] (Chapter 13)

Ethan slipped along the side of the building, putting his senses on high alert while he crept towards one of the side doors.

He knew the chances of him running into Brett here were slim to none, since it was a school day, and the boy would probably be snooping around school that very moment in search of Ethan. As much as he wanted to take Brett out now, he knew he would probably have to wait a little longer before he made such a big move.

But taking out a couple, if not most of his men? Ethan would never pass up an opportunity like that.

By now he had reached the door, and he pressed his form flat against the side of the building as his hand reached out, using his sleeve to make sure not to leave finger prints. His hand grasped the knob, and he very carefully rotated it in order to get the latch free. He had expected the door to be unlocked, but surprisingly the knob turned completely, and the door freely came away from it's frame.

Brows instantly rose skeptically, having a hard time believing that it was really going to be this easy.

Is this a trap?

He listened for a long moment, but there wasn't any noise he could hear. He waited just a few more seconds, but taking a glance between the small slit of the door and it's frame.

It took a few seconds for his eyes to adjust, but after a few seconds he was able to see in the dark room. The room was rather huge, and it almost looked like the room itself took up the entire warehouse. But as big as it was, it also looked empty except for a table and a few chairs settled into the middle of the room.

Slowly he forced himself through the small crack in the door, shifting his way in then slipping along the wall. He let the door fall shut, but easing it closed so that it didn't make any sound.

Just like he had thought, the room was completely empty. There wasn't another person in sight, and he grimaced as he wondered if this really was where Brett was hiding out.

Eyes moved across the room, before lifting to see a landing that was connected to the ground floor by a flight of metal stairs. There was a closed door on the landing connected to the wall, and there seemed to be a light coming from out of it.

Is that where they're hiding?

Ethan frowned to himself, glaring at the closed door. He went to take a step forward, but he quickly glanced around the room again, making sure that there weren't any alarms.

There didn't seem to be, which only made his frown deepen as he slowly moved across the room.

For a bunch of assassins, they're not doing a very good job of covering themselves....

He crossed the floor, making his way over to the flight of stairs. The more he walked over towards it though, the closer he also got to the table.

It was a small little folding table, and he barely paid it any mind. But the closer he got, he was able to see the contents on top of it which caught his attention.

The only light in the room was hanging above it, giving the papers that were scattered across it a glare. He couldn't see what exactly they were, and curiosity ended up getting the better of him as he changed directions.

He came to a stop at the side of it, squinting against the glare to try and read them. Grabbing one of them, hands still covered by his sleeves, and tilting it so he could read it. The handwriting was not only too sloppy to be able to read, but it seemed to be in french. While Ethan could speak some of it, he wasn't exactly able to read it.

Seeing the language quickly confirmed his suspicions though, since Brett himself was French and very fluent in it. His gaze shifted back to the table, glancing over the rest of the papers. They all seemed to be in french as well, but he quickly saw one that was labelled Sean Ethan Stein IV.