Chapter 28 [Last Chapter]

Start from the beginning

"Wait, are you sure about that? Like..." I ask him, worried that he might be pressuring himself into outing himself. Well, the world doesn't really have to know.

"No, what I meant is, I don't want to hide our relationship." He tells me, kissing my forehead again. "I'm not going to exactly announce to the world that I'm gay and in a relationship with you. I'm just saying, let's do what normal couples do – go out, hold hands, dance in the rain as we go home. If people ask, then we tell them. Now come on, don't think about that much, together forever with you..." He sings.

"Oh my god," Melody exclaims as she watches out. "Until now, I can't believe that my best friend is in a relationship with our boss. And of course, his bully. But you know, Pierce had always had a big crush on you since high school. Don't know if you know that, but I'm just telling you."

"Melody!" I yell, blushing.

Wyatt laughs, shaking his head. "Thanks, but I actually know that already." I bury my face in Wyatt's chest as he laughs. "But it's so nice to hear it again and again. But let me tell you, I always had a crush on him too since high school as well. I was just an asshole who was too afraid of change."

Melody does that fangirl scream, and runs towards Wyatt. I take a step back and glare at my best friend as she hugs my man. Wyatt hugs her back, and we continue dancing as the sky begins to be a hue of violet and blue.

After the partying, we all lie down on the living room near the window, looking over the city of Brooklyn. Comforters are placed neatly on the ground, and the pillows are scattered around. At this point, we're just sharing stuff about what makes us happy, about our experiences, about our mistakes, and the things we've learned. Wyatt was actually the person who brought it up, as he wanted to come clean to everyone, especially to me and Melody. Wyatt tells everyone basically everything happened to him, that his actions were the result of losing someone important in his life, but those actions couldn't be justified. Melody appreciates it so much that she gives him a long hug, and of course, he tells everyone that he's really in love with me.

My phone bleeps, indicating that I have a new email. I check my email and see Mia's name. My heart races faster as my eyes linger on her name. I take a deep breath, look at Wyatt still talking about how much I mean the world to him, and open the email. It reads:

Hello Pierce,

I'm not even sure where to begin. Should I start with I'm okay, or should I tell you that I still hate you and Ajax? It's so hard for me to send you a response; it took me days to compose myself because I don't want to associate myself with you or Ajax. And I want to hate myself, too. From the start, I know there's something off with Wyatt. I had my suspicions, but I didn't believe them. Maybe because I really loved him, and hoped that we'd be a family someday. I turned a blind eye, ignoring all the signs that Wyatt is not happy with me, but regardless, he loved me, but not the same way as I felt. I still love him, and there are times that I'm wishing all of this is a dream. A nightmare. But as you being with him cross my mind, the reality always slaps me hard that this is all real and happening. And I can't do anything to change it.

I know you want forgiveness, and Ajax, too. But it's not something I can give right now. Maybe someday. It could be tomorrow, the next week, next month, or more than a year even. I'm left broken, and anybody who experiences this would feel the same. I know you didn't mean all of this to happen, and Wyatt didn't mean to cheat on me with you. Both of you just followed your hearts. I just wish he ended things with me the right way and came clean.

Healing and forgiveness will take a long time – it's a process that I have to go through alone. Regardless, I want to thank you for being such a good friend even though we just met. Your kindness is genuine, and I know you really mean to say that you wish me positive things in life. I do the same for you and Ajax.

I'm wishing you both happiness. Don't think about me much. I will be healed. I will be okay. But at the moment, I just need a peace of mind. I'm not going to commit suicide or something – that would be a shame because I still want to travel all over Europe and have some tea with my family there.

As for Wyatt, I will reach out to him when the time is right. Right now, you keep him company. You keep him happy. Wyatt has been my best friend as well when we were in a relationship. And right now, I don't know what to feel about it. I'm totally at lost. But I know you're going to take care of him like you always do. May both of your hearts filled with joy and happiness. Until the next time, Pierce and Ajax.

Love,

Mia

I read the message again and again, and Wyatt sees my reaction. He checks my phone, and reads the message. There's this sadness lingering inside me, in the pit of my stomach, as I replay Mia's response. I know that she won't give me her forgiveness, but it still damn hurts to read it directly. I really don't have the right to complain because she has the right to refuse, and it's understandable. It doesn't mean that when a person says sorry, the affected person should immediately forgive him or her. It doesn't work that way. It takes days, months, or years to forgive someone, let alone give him or her another chance.

Looking at my friends who are having fun, and my boyfriend who is supporting me wholeheartedly, I guess I can survive. Well, I'm exaggerating, but I've really got wonderful friends who are making my life better.

"Mia will come around," Wyatt says as he pecks me on the lips. "She just needs a lot of time, and we should give it to her. Right now we should have fun and not worry about anything. Don't think too much, all right?"

"All right," I agree, resting my head on his shoulder. "I really can't believe this is all happening. I've been telling myself that this couldn't be possible, you know, because you seem like a dream. But then I get to touch you and kiss you, and it's enough to keep me woke. Seeing you happy makes me happy."

"As long as I'm with you, I'm happy." Wyatt tells me as he tweaks my nose. "You're my only source of happiness, as cheesy as it sounds. I love you."

"All right, lovebirds, that's enough loving!" Matt tells us as he hands us our glass of wine. I roll my eyes at them. Melody looks at me with genuine happiness, while Kevin gives the both of us a thumbs up. "Both of you, come back here. We don't want you having sex in front of us. With the look you're giving with each other, man, that's so possible to happen and I'm not prepared."

"I'm still your boss, idiot." Wyatt replies, flipping him off as he laughs. "Come on, let's go back there. Didn't realize we went a little far away from them."

"Yeah, it's funny I didn't realize I went away from them." I chortle, shaking my head. "Matt had to walk over here to give us our drinks, and it's surprising because he's a lazy son of a bitch."

"Yeah, come on, we're still having our Brooklyn Nights."

"Our Brooklyn Nights?"

"Yeah, this is part of our Brooklyn Nights. Our love story." Wyatt chuckles, winking at me. "Our great love story." And I agree with him.

THE END

~

Author's Note: Thank you guys for supporting Brooklyn Nights! After 2 years and 5 months, this story is finally done! I want to end their story here because there's not much to tell, and this is the way I planned it to be. I will surely miss Wyatt, Pierson, Melody, Kevin, and Matt.

I'm not sure if there's going to be a sequel because I intend it to be as a standalone novel. But perhaps, I may write a spin-off focusing on someone. But I can't guarantee you that. I had fun writing this, and I hope you enjoy the story as much as I did when I was writing this.

Twitter: JMSenar
Instagam: JMSenar
Youtube: JM Señar