26 - holy sh*t ✔

Derek's Point of View

After I got the call from my little sister I rushed to take to my apartment so he could talk to Jackson while I pack some stuff for my trip home. I packed for a week because I don't really know how long I'm going to be there. Hopefully, nothing bad happened and only the house got damaged.

"Hey, I hope everything's going to be okay, right?" Jackson asks when I enter the living room.

"I don't know," I mumble.

"But you said Cora said no one got seriously hurt right?" Isaac asks.

"Yeah, but my uncle's in the hospital and I'm pretty sure the house is useless. Cora did say that most of the family was on a camping trip a couple of towns away so they weren't there," I say.

"well, that's good," Isaac says.

"I hope your uncle is okay," Jackson says.

"Me too," I say.

"Tell the family I said hi," Jackson says.

"You haven't seen them in a long time," I comment.

"Yeah, almost a year. Wow, I miss them," Jackson says.

"Do you want to come with me?" I ask.

"Uh, I'm actually supposed to meet Ethan and Danny tomorrow and I don't want to intrude while your family's having a crisis," Jackson says.

"Oh, no you wouldn't be intruding, but I do hope that you have fun with your dates," I smile.

"Oh I will," Jackson smirks.

"Okay, well I hope you have a safe trip," Isaac says.

"Thanks. And uh, just make sure not to leave this place a mess and stay out of my room," I say.

"Okay," Jackson says.

"Now, I've got to go," I say with urgency in my voice.

"Bye," Isaac says.

I take my stuff to my car and start the drive to my hometown.

Jackson's Point of View

"So how are you and your guys?" Isaac says.

"They are amazing," I say.

"I'm glad everything's working out for you," Isaac says.

"Well, I didn't say it was going great," I mumble.

"But you just said that they are amazing?" Isaac questions.

"I know and they are, but I don't feel the same attraction to Danny like I do Ethan. I like Danny, but only as a friend. I can't tell if Ethan likes Danny romantically or physically so I don't want to hurt his feelings if he actually likes him. I just don't know how to bring it up to him," I worry.

"If you don't feel any attraction or romantic feelings towards Danny then just tell him,"

I go to speak but Isaac continues and talks over me.

"I know that you don't want to hurt Ethan but you can't force yourself to be with someone if you don't want to," Isaac says.

"I know but what if Ethan chooses Danny?" I ask.

"Then you'll know he wasn't the one," Isaac says.

"You make it seem so simple. But I really like Ethan and he's the first guy I've ever been with," I say.

"Seriously? You've never been with another guy before?" He asks.

"You know that I had a very hard time coming to accept myself. I only flirted with guys. I never made anything serious or real, but with Ethan I actually let myself be vulnerable and like him," I say.