..෴✿۝CHAPTER 26۝✿෴..

3 of 8

.

.

.

.

.

Willow stepped down the carriage only to be greeted by a disturbance. "Call Agus out!" A skinny woman shouted in malice.

The guard stationed in the gate tried to get rid of the crazed woman but to no avail.

"Didn't you know who I am? I am the madam of the house"

In closer inspection, Willow can see the semblance of the woman and decided to help the guard. It's a good choice he didn't try to manhandle the woman.

"And who do we have here?" Willow intervened with a smile.

Even if the guard saw the new comer for the first time, he automatically knew who she was based from her unique feature.

"Welcome back, young miss." He gave a quick bow and lightly pushed aside the woman to make way.

The guards standing nearby also gave their salute but didn't leave their place.

After hearing how she was addressed, the woman gnashed her teeth in recognition. "You.. you!" She's enraged but she was lost for words in front of the stunning figure.

Willow is still dressed with the shabby cloak but no one can deny her outstanding beauty. Make her dress in rags and the rags will look like a fine material. That's how blessed Willow is.

"Me? Me, what?" Willow smirked and about to spoke with sarcasm but something caught her eye. There's a child cowering behind her mother's dress.

Before she can say anything, the guard laid his report.

"Milady, the madam here is insisting that this kid is the rightful heir of the dukedom."

She nodded and turned his attention to the woman. "It's been so long, Monique. How are thee faring?" The crazed eye of the woman only stared at her so Willow continued. "I suppose you've had a rough time. How's your knight lover?"

The woman couldn't contain her fury and just like a banshee, she charged at Willow with a piercing shriek. Monique continuously clawed at Willow while pouring her heart's content.

"You son of a bitch! It's all because of you that made me into this!"

"So how did you survived huh? Through hoeing around?"

"It's better if you shouldn't have survive."

"Why are you even alive? I should've killed you back then" She violently teared at whatever her paws landed at.

The guard, who's about to pull the mad woman, stopped when Willow shook her head.

In reality, the woman can't even muster strength to deal a critical damage. All Monique can manage is to give a weak shove and hollowly ripped Willow's clothes.

At the sight of the pitiable woman, Willow could only stay silent. She may have harbored a grudge but it was all in the past. She never planned to take revenge on anyone and she never wished for ill will to befall on Monique.

"Well, what's done is done. You should've killed me when you had the chance." She caught her skinny wrists and gave her a light shove.

The close proximity disturbs Willow's mana flow. She reaks of death and maliciousness.

"So what brought you here?" She added.

"I came because I heard Agus had arrived." Willow looked to the guard but he only avoided her gaze. "It's time to claim what's rightfully mine."

So that's why, there are guards stationed at the gate. Willow groaned at the news but decided to set it aside and deal with the pressing matter.

"Yours?.. And what's rightfully yours?" Willow challenged. The pity she felt slowly vanished at her intrepid boldness.

So you never learned do you? Willow was expecting for a better change but she was proven wrong.

"The whole estate! After all, I'm the mother of the heir of house Liariaz" Monique answered with a chuckle, her sanity slowly vanishing.

Willow inspected the heir she's talking about. The boy, who was only at her hips level, has a turquoise eye and a silver hair that's obviously dyed. Red roots were clearly seen behind the poorly colored hair. Over all, he had inherited his mother's feature.

"How can you be so sure? He doesn't even have father's trait?" Willow antagonized but she definitely felt a familiar magic flickered within him.

"Are you fucking blind? Can you see his silver hair?" Monique roughly grabbed his arms and ruffled his hair. Long nails chipped above his brows making a small cut, but the boy didn't even flinch.

Strange enough, the boy never uttered a sound and only let himself be dragged around. He has a disturbingly blank look plastered on his face. What Willow could see is a shell of a child trying to protect his remaining self from the pain he's going through. She was only planning to humor the crazed mistress but this sight changed her mind.

Willow heaved a heavy sigh and met her crazed eye. "Whatever, I'm in need of a servant. Name your price." In addition, the negativity oozing from Monique is making her mana flow go haywire.

"Didn't I tell you? He's the future heir, meaning, I am to be the madam of the house." Monique insisted.

"You pathetic excuse of a human, enough's enough. I'm giving you an inch and you're taking a mile?" Willow spoke in all seriousness, getting tired of this charade.

In that moment, Monique suddenly remembered the night before Willow left. "Devil incarnate.." she mumbled in daze, goosebumps running to her skin.

"I.. I.."

Willow clicked her tongue and threw a bag of gold. Monique caught it in reflex. "It's either this or nothing at all."

She's still dazed and can't utter a word. She was only brought to awareness after she felt her thumb being stamped on a paper.

Willow wasn't wicked enough to crush someone who already gave up before the fight even begun. An unworthy rival.

"Never show your face here again. Your thumbprint is a proof of your approval. Begone" Just like a businessman, she completed the process before kicking her out.

Monique didn't even bother looking at the child and left. She's truly shameless for asking for more.

But karma did score big. Willow thought to herself.

"Hey kiddo" the child looked up, devoid of any emotion.

"You have a fierce look over there, wanna mellow down?" She kidded and laughed at her own joke. "That aside, wanna reside here in this house?" She knew that he can't fully comprehend her words but she still asked for his permission.

After all, he's still a human. A human with a choice.

When he didn't answer, Willow only smiled and turned to the guard. "Can I entrust you with this? It seems someone is waiting inside, please let a maid accommodate him." He nodded.

"Kid, see you later." She was about to leave but she felt a tug to her trousers. Willow looked down only to see a small hand clumped on her pants.

The guard squatted to stop the child. "Aye, kid. Let this uncle guide you. Here's a cookie for your treat" true to his words, he pulled a biscuit out his pocket.

For a change, the child seems to want the cookie. "Thank you good sir, I'll be heading inside." She gave a smile and ruffled the boy's hair before leaving.
~~~~~~

Hit 🌟 if you cringed. Comments are highly appreciated :))