..෴✿۝CHAPTER 16۝✿෴..

Seeing that their first encounter started with rude interactions, an unpleasant atmosphere covered the two as they walk side by side.

Even if he hold quite a grudge to Willow, Vaughn didn't dare walk ahead, instead, he walked one step of her pace. At the very least, he was able to act like a knight escorting a noble, rather feeling obliged.

When they entered the lounge, all eyes looked on their direction. The look on their faces: amazed, impressed, appalled, embarrassed, clearly manifest their misunderstanding. Before they can even express themselves, Vaughn, was quick to explain.

"Shut your mouths, and listen" he started in all seriousness. "as I mentioned yesterday..."

"Did you?" Willow heard someone murmured. She noticed how close they were for acting like that but still, there should be a line drawn during work.

"... the lady of house Liariaz will visit today." He looked at Willow, implying to introduce herself.

The knights who encountered her earlier, paled in realization. Before speaking, Willow savored the sight of them, breaking in cold sweat, and looked away in indifference.

"Good day, I am Willow Liariaz. Please be at ease, I am only here to convey the orders of the duke" she introduced with an elegant bow meant for a man.

Still uncomfortable at her presence, the knights stiffly returned a polite greeting and bowed in return.

"Very well, we'll be discussing at my office, continue with your works"

"yes, sir"

"understood, sir"

The knights replied in confirmation and gave a salute.

Willow was surprised that the man, who rudely treated her, seemed to hold a high position inside the Order.

Did he just say 'at my office'? I can't remember him from the knight's of father. Though, I didn't particularly knew everyone but I'm sure, someone like him was not on the past that I remembered.

Questions flooded her mind but Willow decided to follow quietly. It's not the best place to talk.

"Come in" the man offered and held his hands towards the couch. Willow sat and waited for the man to settle down.

She roamed her eyes and made an observation on the entirety of the office. The room, in general, was noticeably well groomed and too lavish for a knight. Valuable antiques decorated the room, imposing tapestries hang on the wall, soft pelt covered the the floor, and even the couch was too comfortable to sit on. Over all, the room reeks of elegance and high quality materials.

"If I'm not mistaken, I asked to be guided towards Lord Vanderdeck, am I not?" Willow queried, humor still laced her demeanor.

"Yes, and I brought you to my office like you asked" he answered, refusing to back down.

"The last time I remembered,
Count Vanderdeck is the middle aged vice-commander of the crimson dusk?" she asked without beating around the bush.

"What hole did you crawl in during the past years?" He sarcastically said with a blank look instead of answering.

"The point is, why are you impersonating the Count?"

"Seeing that all civilities were thrown out of the window, I will inform you of my identity to stop you of your baseless accusation."

"I am Vaughn Vanderdeck, the son of Marquis Vanderdeck and the vice commander of the crimson dusk. I don't know what boonies you came from, but the count has been promoted into a Marquis years ago. He's now the commander of Azure knights" he answered with a face saying, 'how foolish can you be, coming here without knowing who to meet'.