..෴✿۝CHAPTER 11۝✿෴..

On the other hand, Damien received a letter from the house Liariaz.

"Round up ladies!" Damien shouted over the ground.

After a week of break, they resumed their usual routine, training. As mercenaries, they can't afford to loosen their skills because their body is their capital.

"The lady sent us a letter. It looked like she landed us a job" he announced.

"As expected of Master!"

"About time!"

"Captain's the best!"

"Shut y'er traps and listen! bastards." He grumbled. "It says here that if we're interested to join the Crimson Dusk as a knight, she would do everything to negotiate it as a reward from the emperor"

"Woah"

"Really? Us, knights?"

"That real, man?"

"Did you ever saw the captain give false hope?" Someone retorted.

"And if!.. if ever we don't want that option, Commander Geordoff offered a spot in the army." Damien added.

"I'z true. We can't forever be a mercenary." Someone raised from the crowd.

They went in silence and lamented a future that awaits a mercenary, a money driven job.

"But of course we will start as apprentice knights. The thing is, the Crimson Dusk is now under Willow. She started to take over when she got back, but she can't do much, for it's hanging by a thread. Taking this opportunity, she humbly asked for help and at the same time, offered it as a job."

" 'ere's the choice men. Receive a recommendation from Commander Geordoff to enter the army. Take the risk and go against the tide with the Crimson Dusk. Stay in the troupe, or leave a peaceful lives with the rewards."

"I'll await your decision until tomorrow. Put it on a paper and hand it before dawn. I'll be waiting at my tavern"

"Take the morrow off, and we'll sort it the day after tomorrow." Damien dismissed as he himself, was deciding on his choice.

*****
The letter arrived.

After reading, Willow grinned.

"I presume that that's a good news m'Lady" Mary poured the tea.

"Indeed, Mary. The mansion would be busy soon."

"And why is that, miss?"

"The problem with the order will be fixed. Please prepare the mansion by the capital, my men will arrive during the Procession ceremony. We shall accommodate them at the East wing. They'll be the future Knights of the Order if everything went well."

"Oh my, that's fantastic. Let's inform the Duke immediately." She shook Willow's shoulders in excitement.

Willow, dizzy at her action, grabbed Mary's shoulder to calm her down.

"It's still early. Also, please be discreet about the preparation. We don't want it to be thwarted, ain't we?"

Mary nodded in surprise, remembering the hungry hyena waiting for a chance.

"In addition, please prepare trousers for me. I'll be going to the palace tomorrow."

There's an invitation pass attached at the letter sent by the emperor, and she plan to use it to claim a reward.

"What? You plan to go in the palace wearing a man's attire?" She exaggeratedly said.

"That won't do m'Lady, you-" Willow cut in before she could add more.