..෴✿۝CHAPTER 27۝✿෴..

4 of 8

.

.

.

.

.

While passing through the garden, she noticed how the furniture are carried to the east wing. "Lady Willow" Bronwyn rushed over after seeing the mistress walk by. "Welcome back milady" the servants were anxious at her appearance that they all stopped and gave a bow.

"Oh no, no, please don't mind me. Carry on with your works. Forgive me for the disturbance." Willow quickly apologized.

At her humble words, the servants felt sincerity but they are still nervous at the new face.

"How's the preparation Bronwyn?" She addressed the butler on her side.

"We're all set, miss. Minor details were the only thing left." Willow nodded and walk with a destination in mind.

"Would you like to see how the east wing is going?" Bronwyn nervously wiped the sweat gathering on his forehead.

"Nah, that won't be necessary. Where's father?" She asked without bitting around the bush.

"The duke? But of course he's in the dukedom" he said while avoiding her gaze.

"I know he's here, Bronwyn. The whole town knew he was here." She rolled her eyes at their sorry excuse of a cover up.

Bronwyn looked even more surprised and tried to get in the way but Willow gently pushed him aside. He was left to follow the miss because he could never lay a hand on the master.

"Young lady, young lady" he called in a futile attempt to stop her from entering on the main door.

Willow strode the flight of stairs and opened the door only to be greeted by furious adults shouting at each other.

"I said get out!" The duke yelled.

"You stubborn oaf! I'm telling this for your own good! You don't need to tell me what to do, I'm definitely leaving your sorry ass!" A man in an azure uniform answered in distaste.

"Damned bastard! I'm not a child, you don't dictate what I need to do!" Agus, the duke, answered.

Both are not aware of the new comer because of their livid advances to one another. The duke continuously jabbed his finger on the marquis chest while the later swats his hands and reciprocates the formers action. Looking at their stance, they are ready to jump each other at a moment's time.

At the heated argument, Willow could only facepalm while the butler nervously wiped the cold sweats trickling down his forehead.

"Oh my, who do we have here?" Willow jumped in before they can gouge each other's eye.

The two was still preoccupied that they didn't hear Willow's word. A vein on her temple twitched at their childishness but a smile is still plastered on her face.

"Duke Liariaz! Marquis Vanderdeck!" She exclaimed.

Willow knew the instant she laid her eyes on him that it was none other than the previous count, the past vice commander of the crimson dusk.

At their names being called, both looked at the direction of her voice and about to snap for being interrupted but soon shut their mouth in realization.

"Willow?" Agus spoke in uncertainty.

"Oh, and who might you be?" Sir Vanderdeck spoke casually that made the duke glare at him.

"You disrespectful brute, you never learned, do you? She's my heir" Agus snapped at his long forgotten friend.

At being called the heir, Willow felt something thug on her chest but she disregarded it. She never expected anything from him to begin with. She knew that Agus already have someone in mind to inherit the dukedom, a distant relative from his sister's side.

"And how will I know that? You blockhead." He snarled with the same intensity.

Seeing that they're up and about to enter another round, Willow intervened.

"I'm home, father. Greetings, sir Vanderdeck" Willow gave a bow.

Her father frowned at her etiquette while sir Vanderdeck seemed satisfied.

"What a remarkable child, this is the first time we met ain't we? Thankfully you are quick witted, it's a good thing you didn't came after your father." The marquis said with a smirk.

Willow, who can't discern whether she was being complimented or insulted, didn't move an inch and only smiled.

"If I were you, I'll leave the house before I make you" Agus threatened.

"Heh! Good riddance." He dramatically turned with his robe and left without a word.

"Get me some salt, Bronwyn" Agus loudly spoke, enough for the retreating figure to hear it.

Willow shook his head at their childishness and waited for her father to settle.

Bronwyn, who's fast at his feet, handed a bag of salt to the duke. Agus trailed off after his friends and showered salts on the doorstep. Bronwyn did the same and even sprinkled some on Agus under the laters order.

"Why are you here?" Agus turned in attention to his daughter.

"I should be the one asking you that, father." Willow countered and sat on the available couch.

The Duke did the same and sat across her "of course for the opening ceremony. The emperor gave me an invitation"

"The emperor did?" Willow confirmed, suspicion starting to arose within the depth of her mind.

The Duke doesn't like repeating himself so he only gave her a blank stare.

"And why would he do that?" Willow asked.

"Did you forget? I'm still a duke, you know." He stated in a matter of fact. Agus remained unfazed and sipped on the tea Bronwyn placed like it's a normal day.

"Still, you should've stayed on the dukedom"

"I've already recuperated. I'm up and about."

"Then manage the order like you said". Willow challenged. "Also the estate" she added.

"Ara Ara, my back suddenly hurts, let's talk again tomorrow." He pretended to support his back and stood up.

"Not so fast. At least hear this out, I saw your heir on the gate awhile ago." Willow spoke without any lingering bitterness. "I did what's proper and let him enter."

"What gibberish are you blabbing about? You're my only child" he said with a frown.

"Well, Monique came and claimed the child to be yours. I can see the same spunk you have. Too bad, he definitely inherited his mother's trait" she nonchalantly broached the topic without much thought.

"What madness! What in the world is going on?"

"Don't ask me that father, what do I know about your private life?" She spoke without grievance while remembering how she was never allowed to know anything about her origin.

The truth of her words enraged Agus even more. Now that his only daughter came back, he was bent on giving everything she deserved. It was only during her absence that he realized how much of a failure he is. Too much for being called a proper parent. He planned to make up but it seems like it's too late.

She calls him father but he felt empty in hearing this, there was no warmth, only a cold obligation to call him this. He can't blame Willow for acting like this, because it was he, himself, who started this.

"What do you want me to do then?" He calmly spoke amidst the turmoil in his mind.

"Beats me. I'm out of the issue. Woman don't even have the right to inherit the title" she shrugged while munching on the delights.

"Suit yourself!" The Duke was starting to get pissed at Willow's passiveness that he decided to walk away.

Willow emptied the table before looking for Bronwyn.

"Take care of him, Brinwyn. Teach him all the things an heir must know. Let him be exposed to the society as soon as he's ready" Willow ordered without asking for her father's decision and left when nothing important needs her attention.
~~~~~~

Hit 🌟 if you cringed. Comments are highly appreciated :))