..෴✿۝CHAPTER 36۝✿෴..

Happy reading 😊💗 Comments are highly appreciated..

.

.

.

.

.

They left the alley like a normal day and boarded a carriage. "To the Northern Streets please" Willow told the coachman.

"What a selfish request, at least drop me off first" Saskia grumbled.

"Oh please, you're a grown ass warrior, you can take care of yourself" Willow teased.

"What nonsense, and please refrain from talking in that manner. We are not that close" she sassed.

"You jest, so tell me, how's the investigation for the citrine eye?" Willow spoke in a low voice, repeating her unanswered query.

“There was not a trace when I snuck inside the royal treasury.”

“I see” Willow put her hand under her chin and thought for a while. "Then how about the palace?”

“Hell if I know, my movement were already limited.” Sakia answered casually.

“It only means that it is hidden by the emperor.” Willow explained her encounter with the emperor and the bizarre reaction of the chancellor.

“Then we could only stand by for now.” Saskia spoked with her usual relaxed demeanor, her irritation mellowed with the serious talk.

This is the root if their love-hate friendship. Willow was focused on freeing them from the chains of being reincarnated while Saskia prioritizes revenge over those nosy bastards who inhumanely conducted experiment to their body.

Indeed, Saskia was the woman Willow kept in touch with and the same comrade who made a deal with the ancient dragon. The condition for their reincarnation was to slay the dragon before the curse eat away their body. That would be 10 years from now, the exact year of their death. Oddly enough, Willow instinctively felt that it would be sooner than the 10 years pardon so she felt troubled and now in rush to get them free of the curse.

Thinking back, it doesn’t benefit the dragon but both felt there was a bigger reason why he wanted death.

“Turning into a big ass dragon is cool not until your body felt like being shredded into pieces” Willow complained as the continuous rattle of the carriage burdened her already sore muscles.

“At least you’re lucky that you could fly” Saskia complained. When they were granted with the curse of turning into beast, their affinity also came into play. Saskia, who has innate earth magic can turn into an earth dragon, thus making her use ancient earth magics that can even shatter mountains, and all abilities possible with her attribute but not the gift of flight. Willow on the other hand can turn into a dark dragon. They are rare in nature and excel most in darkness.

“I'm glad to have the power but not until we lost our sanity at wielding it for long." Saskia only nodded to Willow's remark and close her eyes to catch some sleep.

Their perk on their curse seemed to be a blessing but the conditions were terrifying.

“Have you eaten yet?” Willow asked after noticing the mid-afternoon ray slipping through the curtains of the wooden carriage.

“Haven't you noticed the remains awhile ago?” she answered.

Ah right, I was focused at the pressing matters that I didn't give a damn about the bones that littered on the forest.

“Speaking of, what did you let me eat to make my stomach churn" Willow felt her guts twist on top of her sore body.

“Nothing inedible, I simply raided the arachnid's lair, hunted some deadly anaconda and other bugs lurking nearby.”

“You rascal!” It’s now Willows time to be irked after discovering the poisonous monsters that was made into her meal.

It is logical to think that it was still her body when she shapeshifts into a dragon, so whatever she ate would still be digested by Willow's body. The only difference is that her metabolism is faster when in dragon form.

“Stop cursing me, I at least save your life, didn’t I?” Saskia answered with a triumphant look.

Now for Saskia, a different condition has been set for her. It seemed that when she didn’t drink any liquid, she will turn into mindless beast and slowly wither with the earth. But thanks to the conditions set to both of them, they were able to exponentially increase their magic output.

Eating and drinking, those they eat and drink was miraculously converted into mana that kept their beasts from getting lose.

Willow clicked her tongue and looked at the window. She knocked on the wood and open a small window behind the coachman. "What's with the hold up?" She asked after noticing the people flocking the streets more than usual.

"Ah, the dragon who managed to get pass the barrier last night has been caught and is now showcased at the plaza. What is those crimson knights even doing. They are no more than swines who only eat away the people's money. If not for the azure knights, the whole capital might've been scorched to the ground" he seethed in open distaste for the Order.

Oh wow, what a stong distortion of information. Why is the Crimson knights even to be blamed? And why is the azure knights portrayed as heroes?

The guild of her actions crossed her mind but she soon discarded such weak thoughts and focused on the aftermath.

"My, what incompetence but may I ask what happened? I just arrived at the capital for the festival but I to think that it was not safe here." She implied.

He scoffed "what else could it be, a dragon entered and rampaged at the eastern outskirts. It's a good thing that there is no casualties but there are many injured. If not for the mages of the azure dawn, some might've already lost their lives."

"Indeed, to think that a dragon managed to enter.." Both ladies looked each other at the eye and nodded in understanding.

A cover up in favor of the tower of azure dawn.

"Aye, but don't you like to see the dragon first? Not that you can't see it through the orbs but it's a rare opportunity. Might as well throw some stones for all the troubles it caused." True to his words, the orbs placed at every corner manifest the happenings on the plaza but contrary to their expectation, a wyvern came into view.

Saskia burst in laughter after noticing the small beast chained and imprisoned. "What dragon are they talking? It's nothing but a filthy carcass." She wheezed between breaths.

Willow also noticed the illusion magic casted on the orbs and chuckled along with Saskia.

"It's sad but we're tight on schedule sire" Willow casually spoke, trying not to laugh at Saskia's silliness.

"That's that then, we'll be passing through the minor roads to avoid the traffic, is that okay?" The afternoon rays directly hit the coachman and the traffic was not helping the irritation coming from the heat. He wiped the sweat trickling down his face using his sleeves and efficiently maneuvering the horses to the alley roads.

"We've got no complains" the coachman hummed in understanding and focused on what he's doing.

They arrived in no time but Willow stopped a street away from the mansion.

"I'll be off first, keep me posted for any leads."

"Do the same" Saskia closed the door swiftly and ordered the coachman for the next destination.
~~~~~

🎯 Hit ⭐ if this is awesome 😎