..෴✿۝CHAPTER 15۝✿෴..

"Ah, that took longer than expected" Willow thought after getting out of the palace. She placed her hands on her line of sight and looked at the blazing sun.

It's now pass noon.

In an attempt to hide from the heat, she fixed her hood and mounted Alekid.

When Willow arrived at the headquarters, the scorching sun still blazes over the empty training grounds.

She expected some knights were on training but she thought wrong. No one could be seen, not a single guard standing by the gate.

After observing the current exterior of the place, Willow tied the reigns of Alekid on the open stable and went in.

Even when she entered, the building looked as run down as its exterior. The glory of the past long gone and there only stood a lonesome shadow of its former brilliance.

As Willow went further in, she noticed four people by the lounge. One laying on the sofa, another busy writing something on the desk, one reading a book, and the last one was on the side, swinging a sheathed sword.

Judging by their uniform, she presume that they were the knights of the family.

Willow cleared her throat, but no one paid attention.

"Pardon the intru-" before she could finish, the one lying by the sofa cut through the line without bothering to look at her.

"You got the wrong building. The azure knight's is across the road" he said in a lazy manner.

He had guts to treat a guest this way. Willow noted.

"I'm not mistaken, may I know where vice commander Vanderdeck is?" still, she politely answered.

She's not on the go to add another enemy on her list.

"Ah, the commander? He's out patrolling with the troops, you can definitely see him if you wait by the main gate"

"I see, I'll be taking my leave then." Willow turned her back without bothering them any further.

"Ahhh! Why is it that the vice commander was the only one famous with the ladies" the knight grumbled in frustration.

"Is that even a lady"

"The answer is your face, stupid"

Their voice echoed in the empty hallway and Willow heard their banter before getting out of reach.

She started to inspect the grounds and saw littered swords on the sides. There's also a basket full of armors hastily stacked at the corner.

Willow would love to dig deeper on the entirety of the training ground but she stopped herself. It's disrespectful to snoop around without permission. She decided to wait for sir Vanderdeck instead.

She crossed her hands and lean on the nearby wall to hide from the blazing sun.

Coupled with the heat and the cold breeze, Willow found herself relaxing at the ambiance.

She had traveled as early as the sun broke on the horizon and didn't get a single wink last night. Thus, making her lethargic at this time around.

Due to the nature of her lifestyle, she had no trouble sleeping at any position. In addition, she was not worried about her wellbeing because she was used to be sensible even on her sleep. After all, the enemies could attack at any time and one would eternally sleep if one is not aware of the surrounding.

Time passed and Willow felt something cold touched the base of her jaw. When she opened her eyes, she saw a sword dangerously pointed under her chin.