..෴✿۝CHAPTER 7۝✿෴..

"Cheers to the victory of Azria!" Commander Geordoff shouted.

"Iubentium" The soldiers replied and raised their mugs.

(Yu-ben-tyum/ Latin for cheers)

"Cheers to our brethren who died valiantly!"

"Iubentium!"

"Cheers to the Black Warriors!"

"Iubentium!"

"Cheers to ourselves who made it out alive!"

"Iubentium!"

"Now, let us down this mug and wash the bitter end of the war!"

Before drinking the mug, it was observed that majority of the soldiers tapped their mug on the floor, on the table, or in any flat surface near them before gulping it down. No one asked why, but they did it nonetheless. This act is to honor the past, their comrades who died during the long year war.

"Woooooo!" The crowd roared and broke in happiness, anger, sorrow, and hope as they toast with their comrades. Various reactions was written on their face while sinking in the realization that the war had ended.

Willow would like to think that nothing much happened 5 years later but it was the other way around.

In the last five years, she unknowingly made lots of connection. For starters, she became the captain of the infamous Black Warriors. Two years after wondering from kingdom to kingdom, it so happened that she met lots of people during her travel and they somehow ended as a mercenary troupe. To earn their living, they joined the skirmish and somehow made it big with their skills.

"Captain, cheers!" Cyrus, one of Willow's comrade shoved a beer in front of her.

*Splash* Cold beer cascaded on his head.

"Begone and don't bother the captain!" Kira, another member of the troupe, slurred for words after pouring the mug of beer on his head.

Soon enough, they started fighting in front of Willow. She paid no need and continued eating her meal, this was nothing new. They're like water and fire, they never met eye to eye.

"Now, now. Easy boys" Damien soothed "you're causing a disturbance" but the two did not take his advice.

"Goon damnit! Get out and cool yourselves!" Damien, pissed at being ignored, manhandled the two and kicked them out of the banquet.

Willow smirked at their tomfoolery and the banquet burst with laughter.

"Hey, have you sniffed news about the black beast?" Willow overheard the men talking.

"Tsk, that savage beast, I'm glad that thing didn't came for us" his friend shook his head and gulped a mug of beer.

"Be quiet, if you still want those empty shells on your shoulders, shut ye'r traps" another intervened after giving them a glare.

Willow, who's mood was dampened, unknowingly gnashed her teeth at their words. "I'll rest for the meantime. See you at noon" With a tipsy head, Willow excused herself before she can lose her composure. She was not a drunkard but the occasion calls for a drink so she enjoyed a handful of wine for herself.

"Aye, captain!" The troupe said in unison, quite drunk by themselves.

.

.

.

.

.
Morning came without delay, and the whole camp looked wasted. Some were lying on the ground, oblivious of the chickens pecking on their head, some lay happily with their vomit, some toppled over the tables and some even happily slept on the pig pen. Willow didn't know how all this has happened, but they sure enjoyed their night.