20 - Run For Your Life

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, that telltale anxious feeling began to fill my chest. It kept getting stronger and stronger until I had to put my hand on my chest in an attempt to calm it. My danger radar was spiking almost uncontrollably.

"Something bad is about to happen." I said loudly so everyone could hear me over the noise of Harlan's swirling power.

"I think I know what you're feeling!" Klaus called from the back entrance from the barn.

Everyone but Vanya and Sissy ran up behind him to look out the door. There across the field was The Handler and Lila, seemingly ready to fight. They looked like a two-man army but something was off. The feeling in my chest was too strong for just the two of them.

"Malia, we really need to work on that power of yours giving us more time to prepare." Five said.

"Who are they?" Klaus asked.

"One is The Handler and the other is Diego and Malia's new best friend." Five said.

"Uh... ex-best friend." Diego and I said at the same time.

"Doesn't matter. They both look angry." Luther said.

"Yeah, well our brother has that effect on people." Allison said.

"Alright. I'll go find out what they want. You guys stay here with Vanya and the kid." Five said.

"I'm coming with you too." Diego said, following him.

"Yeah, same!"

We left out the front of the barn to walk around the long way. We walked quickly across the field and I tried to ignore that over-powering feeling in my chest but I couldn't. Something wasn't right about this whole situation and I tried to tell Five and Diego that but Five was being his arrogant self.

"You're worrying too much Malia. There is nothing those two can do to us if we all stick together." Five said.

"That's what I'm trying to tell you Five. They have something up their sleeve, something big. This feeling I get may be delayed sometimes but it doesn't lie." I said.

"Alright, can it tell you what they are planning?"

"Well, no."

"Then I guess we're just going to have to wait and find out." Five said.

"I swear I'm going to strangle him one day." I muttered to Diego.

"Just calm down. We'll keep our guard up." Diego whispered.

The Handler and Lila stayed where they were, not even bothering to meet us halfway. That in itself was suspicious enough in my books but I said nothing. We stopped a couple meters away from them to keep a safe-ish distance and the three of us stood in a row to face them.

"What do you want?" Five asked.

"To watch you suffer." Lila said. Her face was like stone.

"What about us?" Diego asked.

"You two are not even worth my wrath." Lila sneered.

"Easy now Lila." The Handler said and then spoke to us directly, "We're here on official business."

"And what business is that?" Five asked.

"As the head of The Commission, I've decided to eliminate the criminals responsible for the assassination of the former Board of Directors." The Handler said.

Oh god, what did Five do now?

"Yeah, right. We didn't kill the Board." Diego laughed.

I put my head in my hands, "Oh Diego."