12 - Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Five tried his best to bring his brothers and sisters with him through time but the story would have ended if it worked out as it was supposed to. No, The Umbrella Academy had another terrible and desperate journey ahead of them and it all started with the siblings having to find each other again. For when Five brought them through time, they were tossed and littered throughout the early 1960'2, none of them landing on the same day at the same time.

Klaus and Ben – February 11th 1960

Allison – February 11th 1961

Luther – February 11th 1962

Malia – July 20th 1963

Diego – September 1st 1963

Vanya – October 12th 1963

Five – November 15th 1963

--*--

The last thing I heard before being sucked into Five's blue time-travelling vortex was "Hold on tight! This could get messy!"

So, I held on for dear life before dropping from the sky. I tried to catch myself and land on my feet but I wasn't that graceful. Well, I did manage to land on my feet but I was so off kilter that I stumbled and bumped into the wall before falling on my ass. I groaned and sat up while running my hands through my knotted hair. My hair elastic that was holding my hair in its messy bun must have snapped during my... journey.

I looked around me and noticed I was in an alley at night and the others weren't with me. Why did my life always revolve around alleyways? I thought as I stood. When I got to my feet, I saw a flash go off from the roof top in front of me. Clearly it was motion sensitive but what was the purpose of having a camera like that, looking into such an unremarkable place?

The owner was either very paranoid or was looking for strange occurrences... like people falling from the sky. If I fell alone, then the others probably did too at some point today so I had to find them. First things first, I needed to find out when I was. I turned to leave the alley but two men came in before I could. One was a short stubby man with a lot of hair, the other was taller and cleaner cut. They were both wearing black trench coats. Perfect, I didn't have to go far for information.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing all alone in this dark dank place?" The shorter man asked with not even hello. It sounded like he had a Russian accent.

"I'm just looking for the date." I said, "You wouldn't happen to know it would you?"

"Now that's an odd question." The taller one said, also Russian.

"Odd or not, I still want to know." I said, tired of this conversation already.

"It's the 20th of July." The tall one spoke again, getting closer.

"Year?" I asked annoyed.

"1963." The shorter one said and then pulled something out of his pocket. It was an old school pistol – not so old school here, I guess. "Aren't you the curious one. What should we do with her Mac? Have a little fun?" These guys were disgusting and I probably wasn't their first victim. I was definitely going to be their last though.

"What's your name girl?" The tall one, Mac, asked.

"You don't need to worry about that." I said, walking closer, ignoring the way the shorter one raised the gun to point at me, "You should have to worry about what they call me."

"Who's they and what do they call you?" The short one asked, cocking the gun.

I smirked and made eye-contact with him, "Nightmare."