5 - Sinnerman

The next day I woke up around ten-o-clock. I felt well rested even though I slept in my own, decidedly uncomfortable, bed. As I lay there, I tried to listen to all the sounds in the house and from what I could tell, I was the only one home. Aside from Grace and Pogo that is. It wasn't often that there was no one in this huge house so I hopped out of bed and turned my radio on loud.

I started dancing around my room in my blue plaid pajamas and black tank. It wasn't long before I danced my way out of my room and down the hall. I was in my bare feet but I didn't care. I was taking advantage of the moment. I sat on the railing and slid to the bottom of the grand staircase and nearly fell when I reached the bottom but managed to catch myself.

I picked up an ornamental goats' skull that was on the sideboard and danced with it into the dining room. I set it down on the table and spun my way back into the foyer to go across to the living room but stopped abruptly when I saw Luther, Allision, Diego, Klaus, and Vanya all looking at me from the front door.

"Oh, uh, hey guys."

"Did you sleep here?" Allison asked, eyeing my attire before walking into the living room.

I looked down and crossed my arms, "Of course I did. I have a room here too you know." I said as I followed her and everyone else into the living room, "I got in late, you wouldn't have known."

"Don't you have your own home?" Luther asked.

"Yes, but it's not exactly... fit for living right now." I explained.

"Why not?" Vanya asked.

They all turned to me and I scowled as I pointed at Klaus, "Ask him."

Klaus looked shocked as he pointed to himself, "Me? What? What did I do?" He was playing stupid but he knows what he did.

"The other night when you were over! You trashed my place!"

He held up his pointer finger, "If I remember correctly, we both trashed your place."

"You're the one that gave me the drugs to make me lose my mind!" I exclaimed.

"You gave her drugs?" Allision turned an accusatory eye toward Klaus along with everyone else.

He held up his hands in surrender, "In my defense, I didn't force her. I offered and she didn't say no." He shrugged and then leaned on the back of the sofa facing the bar.

"I was drunk! It's not like I knew what I was doing!"

"I'm just hearing a whole lot of excuses." He turned to the empty space beside him and giggled before turning back to the rest of us.

"Klaus! There is a knife lodged in my TV!"

Klaus put his finger on his chin and looked toward the ceiling, "Oh that... you were trying to imitate Diego and it went horribly wrong."

"No shit!"

"You tried to imitate me?" Diego asked smugly.

I shot him a glare, "Probably imitating how much of an idiot you are."

"Well actually..." Klaus started but Luther cut in.

"We can deal with that later. Right now, there is something more important we have to discuss." He said and pointed to the small old school tube television that he placed on the bar.

"Was that always there?" Klaus asked.

Allison and I rolled our eyes and I turned to Luther, "What is it this time?"

"New evidence that dad was murdered."

"This again?" I sighed and slumped down next to Klaus on the back of the sofa, "When are you going to give this up?"