19 - Dancing With Myself

Allison was the first one out of the elevator. She struggled but she managed to hide behind a desk that was bolted to the floor. I tried next and it was like running against a heavy wind – near impossible. I felt Diego's hands on my back and he pushed me as hard as he could in aid. I was able to reach the edge of the desk and pulled myself until I was able to sit beside Allison in cover. Diego joined shortly after and Klaus tried but was being forced down the hall. He crawled toward us and Allison and I each grabbed a hand, pulling him over and he pushed himself to the wall on the other side of Allison.

"Guys? Who are we trying to save Vanya from?" Klaus asked, seemingly exhausted from the exertion.

"FBI!" We all shouted at the same time.

"Well they're all pinned to the fucking ceiling right now so why hasn't she stopped!"

Shit, he had a point. The world MUST be coming to end if Klaus was able to notice something that we weren't. The light seemed the brightest from behind us and I kneeled to look over top the desk to get a better look. There was a room at the end of the hall where Vanya's familiar white energy was strongest and brightest. Diego seemed to notice the same thing too.

"It's the room at the room at the end of the hall!" He shouted.

"We need to get to her and fast!" I said loudly.

"How do you suppose we do that?" Allison asked.

"I have no idea."

"You guys should just count me out." Klaus said, taking a swig from his flask.

"Klaus, shut up." Allison said.

"What? You guys should just take over. You're great at all the hero shit." He tried but Allison hit him a few times, "Listen! Vanya would understand because she has realistic expectations of what I am! And what I am, is sexy trash!"

"You're a pussy is what you are!" Diego snapped.

"Guys, now is not the time!"

"Klaus! I agree that you're not your average hero." I said, leaning over Allison to get a better view of him, "But you have a big heart. Just remember there is more than one way to save someone."

"But I don't want to die! Who does?! The martyr never gets to enjoy the victory party, you know why? Because they're dead!"

Diego crawled around all of us and grabbed Klaus shirt, "If you don't help, I'm going to beat you!"

"That's my cue." Allison said, not impressed with either man.

"Our cue." I agreed and took her arm to help her around the desk with me.

"Wait! No!" I heard Diego but ignored him.

Allison and I made it to the other side of the desk and she tried to crawl forward, calling out our sister's name. Allison managed to stand and take one more step and then a flare threw her back toward

the desk. I caught her before she hit her head and set her down. It was my turn to try. I crawled forward, using the wall as support. I made it half way and held onto a door jamb to briefly rest. When I started to crawl forward again though, my fingers slipped and I was sent sailing back into the desk just like Allison.

Since no one was there to catch me, I wasn't so lucky and my forehead cracked against the edge. It happened so quickly that I didn't even know what happened until I woke up. I groaned as I sat up and Allison pulled herself up beside me. I felt my forehead as Diego, who was facedown, pushed himself up with his arms.

My bangs were slick and sticking to my forehead and I pushed them aside to feel. When I pulled my hand away from my head, blood coated my fingers. Hopefully the gash wasn't as bad as it feels. Head wounds usually looked worse than they actually were but my head was pounding.