16 - Twistin' The Night Away

I woke up the next morning to a loud conversation going on in the kitchen and a desperate need for water. I looked down at myself and saw I was just in my underwear and hoped to god that Diego was the one who took off my dress. I saw my suitcase in the corner of the bedroom and took out some clothes, quickly throwing them on and went into the kitchen.

"L-" my throat still hurt and my voice was still hoarse but I tried again, "Luther."

Everyone looked at me, including my oaf of a brother, and I ran to him to give him the biggest hug I could muster. Another part of the family back where they should be. It made me so happy that tears were streaming down my cheek when I pulled away.

"I don't think you've ever been this happy to see me." Luther said with a chuckle, using his thumb to wipe my tears.

"Be...before, I always knew where you were." I said.

"Malia... drink some water." Diego said, getting me a glass.

He handed it to me with a kiss to the forehead. I gulped it down as if it was ages since I last had it. I didn't think water could be so delicious. It was definitely my new favourite drink. Honestly, just give me all the water. I filled up my cup again and drank some more before sitting down at the table, sitting on one foot while the other dangled to the floor.

"What are we talking about?" I asked. I sounded a little better now that I had some water but my voice was still husky.

"Those Dutch guys that keep following me. First at the asylum and then last night."

"They're Swedish actually and they were probably paid to eradicate us before we do anymore damage to this timeline."

"Yeah, but why now?" Diego asked, "I was fine for three months until you showed up."

"Yeah... I was here for a year and no one messed with me." Luther said as he cooked a crap ton of scrambled eggs.

"Didn't come across them either." I added, taking a sip of water.

"Don't you usually take my side?" Five asked.

"You left me for dead." I couldn't help but tease.

"Low blow." Five muttered before speaking louder, "Look, even if it was my fault, which it isn't, we only have six days before the end of the world and the closest that anyone has gotten to dad is that driveway at the consulate." Five said.

"Well... that's not exactly true." Luther said, avoiding eye contact.

"What do you mean?" Five asked.

"I saw him."

Luther then explained that when he arrived here a year ago, he couldn't find anyone. With nowhere else to go, he hopped on a bus and took it all the way back to New York. The Academy looked a little different but also the same. When he entered, it was lively with a bunch of people milling about

and Mr. Hargreeves was standing in the center of a crowd, talking about the future. When Luther confronted him, Mr. Hargreeves shot him down, demeaned him in front of everyone, and sent him on his way. So, Luther came back to Dallas.

During his explanation, he finished making his eggs and put them in a large bowl. He sat down at the end of the table, Five sat on the other side, and Diego moved me so he could sit and brought me down on his lap. I leaned my head on his shoulder as I listened to the end of Luther's story.

"That's pathetic." Diego said.

"Yeah, well at least he didn't shank my ass." Luther said through a mouthful of egg.

The Nightmare  (DiegoXOC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें