10 - All Die Young

We got back to the Academy and split up to search the entire house. Klaus and I searched the basement and main and Diego and Five took the upper levels. We met at the top of the grand staircase with no sign of Vanya being in the house.

"Well I'm out." Diego said, walking away.

"Vanya is still out there though. So are Hazel and Cha-Cha." Five said.

Diego turned back, "I know. I have some unfinished business with those two." He said then left.

"Diego, wait." I said and caught up.

We walked into his room so he could pack up his knives. I sat on his bed as I watched in silence. I tapped my foot on the floor as I started to get antsy. I wasn't upset that he still wanted to go after Hazel and Cha-Cha, he made his view clear on all that - Patch was a friend that deserved vengeance. I was antsy because the impending apocalypse is over and we can just 'be' now.

"Can you stop that?" He asked, referring to my foot.

"Sorry."

"Are you upset about Hazel and Ch-Cha again?" He asked.

"No."

He sighed and then sat beside me on the bed, "Then what is it?"

"It's just that, now that the world isn't ending anymore, we can go back to our own lives. After you kill the assassins of course." I said, "And I have my practice and you have your vigilante and boxing thing going on. It will be hard to make time to see each other."

Diego looked at me in confusion, "Are you saying you want to break up already? It's only been two days."

I giggled, "No, I'm not saying that."

"Then what ARE you saying?"

"I'm saying that... when you leave here... maybe you might... I don't know... want to unpack your stuff at my place?" I finished off quietly.

"You mean you want me to move in with you."

"Or just stay at mine every now and then... like every day." I said and wrinkled my nose at how lame I was being, "If you don't want to, don't feel pressured."

I was brought in for a heated kiss before I could be any lamer and I wrapped my arms around his neck to return it. There have been quite a few quick kisses amongst all the world ending stuff and not enough of the deep, knee-quaking, heart-hammering ones, so I was thoroughly enjoying this.

"I think I don't want to live anywhere else but with you." Diego said once he pulled away.

We heard the doorbell ring downstairs and we looked at each, confused. No one ever rings the doorbell here. Diego got up and stuck his head out the doorway before peering back at me.

"I'll be right back." He said and then left.

I know he said he'd be right back but I was curious too. It's not every day the Academy gets polite visitors... or any for that matter. I walked toward the front door and then heard a scuffle coming from the living room. I ran all the way down there just as I saw Five hit Diego over the head with a vase, shattering it. Diego slumped to the ground, out cold.

"Five! What did you do!"

"I draw the line at biting." He said exasperatedly, stepping off the sofa and limping back to the bar to get his margarita, "Hazel, whatever you have to say, I suggest you make it quick before he comes 'round."

He sat at the bar and looked at me, "Margarita?"

"I left my partner, quit the Commission and came to volunteer." Hazel explained.