15 - I Was Made for Lovin' You

Mulai dari awal

--*--

Lila and I didn't have very long to find a dress for such an event so we were limited to the first store we went into. Lila found her dress right away – a shiny blue, quarter sleeve that ended mid shin. I tried to get her to reconsider but she was adamant that it was the perfect dress for her. She wasn't as picky as me apparently. I've been through most of the racks and tried on a few dresses but none of them seemed like a good fit.

I sighed as I finished with yet another rack, "I can't find anything." I complained.

"What are you talking about? There are loads of dresses here." Lila said and pulled a hideous purple dress from the rack, "This one is gorgeous. Try it on."

I frowned as I looked at the poufy fabric, "Lila, if you're going to stick around, I need to educate you on proper fashion."

"What's wrong with it?" She asked, looking at the dress.

"Don't worry about it." I sighed again as I went back to peruse through the racks, "I just want to find something that..."

"What? That Diego would like?" Lila asked and then smirked, "I'm pretty sure you could wear a paper bag and he still wouldn't find you anything but breathtaking... It's almost sickening actually."

I rolled my eyes, "Thanks but he hasn't seen me in any type of evening gown since we were teenagers. This may be an infiltration of the Mexican Consulate but I still want to look perfect."

"Alright then, what about that green one?" Lila asked, pointing over to the end of a rack I haven't looked at yet.

I was about to dismiss her suggestion for the umpteenth time but when I looked at it, I paused. This dress wasn't hideous. In fact, it was quite beautiful. I took it off the rack to get a better look. It was a simple cut when you viewed it from the front but also perfectly elegant. It had long ribbon that tied around the neck to keep my shoulders bare and cinched at the waist to accentuate womanly curves. I absolutely loved it and I told Lila as much.

 I absolutely loved it and I told Lila as much

"There. Can we go now?" Lila asked, obviously bored.

"Yes, we can go."

We got back to Elliott's apartment and ran past the boys and into the bedroom so we could get

ready. Lila didn't do much but put her dress on, so I sat her down and did her make up. As I did her eyes, she watched my facial expressions closely.

"I've only had my mum do my make-up once... for a dance at school." Lila said, "This feels different."

"Different how?" I asked, finishing up. Lila shrugged and didn't say more. "I'll only tell you this once more. Just so you know it wasn't a onetime deal and that the offer will always be on the table but you can talk to me about anything."

After that, I turned away and started to get ready myself. Through experience, I've noted a client would pull away if I came on too strong, so I just left it at that. She would tell me when she was ready, if she ever would be.