9 - Mad About You

Mulai dari awal

"Can we get started please?" Luther grumbled.

"You didn't see any of the others? Diego? Allison? No?" Klaus asked.

"They went to scope out another property that Harold Jenkins might be at." I said, sipping my coffee and sighing happily.

"Okay, this is the closest thing to a quorum, that we're going to get." Klaus said, tapping the metal spatula repeatedly on the table. I giggled into my coffee as I watched Luther suffer, "Now listen up. There is no easy way to say this so I'm just going to spit it out... yeah...So I conjured dad last night."

"What? Are you sure?" I asked.

"Well, he was too tall to be Napoleon." Klaus said sarcastically. I gave him the finger in return.

"I thought you said you haven't been able to conjure anyone in years?" Luther asked.

"I know but I'm sober now." Klaus replied as if it was this amazing feat, "I got clean. Yesterday. I talked to someone special and then ended up having a conversation with dear old daddy himself."

"Does anybody have aspirin?" Luther asked.

"Top shelf, next to the crackers." Five directed.

"This is serious guys. This really happened. I swear."

"I believe you Klaus. So tell us, what did he say?" I asked.

"Okay, I'll play too. Shoot." Five said.

"Well... he gave me the usual lecture about my appearance and my failures in life. Yada, yada, yada, no surprises there. But he did mention something about his murder... or lack thereof."

"So... he wasn't murdered? It really was just heart failure then?" I asked, leaning my chin on my palm.

"Well no... he actually killed... himself." Klaus finished slowly.

Luther dropped his arm to the table and shook his head and stood up, "I don't have time for your games."

"You know what? I'm telling you the truth." Klaus desperately wanted us to believe him.

"Why'd he do it then?" Five asked, now seemingly interested.

"He said it was the only way to get us all home again."

"Dad wouldn't just kill himself." Luther shot Klaus down again.

"You said it yourself, he was depressed. Holed up in his office all day and night." Five reasoned.

"There weren't any signs. Suicidal people exhibit certain tendencies, strange behavior." Luther turned to me, "You're the psychologist, you know this."

"It's true. There are signs that lead up to the act such as withdrawal, moodiness, change in personality or appearance, and a sudden state of calm to name a few. But if what Klaus is saying is true, Mr. Hargreeves didn't do it because he was depressed. He did it to get us all back under one roof to work together toward something. Besides, even if he was exhibiting these behaviours, no one would know because aside from Grace and Pogo, there was no one to witness them."

"You believe me?" Klaus asked happily.

"I do."

"You better not be lying." Luther said.

"I swear I'm not."

"Master Klaus is correct." Pogo said as he hobbled into the room with his cane. We all looked at him, "Regretfully, I helped Mr. Hargreeves enact his plan, so did Grace. It was a difficult choice for both of us. More difficult than you could ever know. Prior to your father's death, Grace's programming was adjusted so that she was incapable of administering first-aid on that fateful night."