3 - I Think We're Alone Now

Start from the beginning

"You know what that was for." I snapped and dropped my small bag on the bed.

"It's not my fault you made it so easy! It's like you forgot all your training."

I turned back to see him leaning against my doorframe with his arms crossed and raised an eyebrow, "I could definitely still wipe the floor with you if I wanted."

"Ha, yeah right."

"Care to test that out?" I goaded.

"How about you ask me again when you're wearing something more... flexible?" He said smugly as he eyed my outfit from toe to head, meeting my eyes in the end.

I was wearing a grey pleated, knee length skirt with a black chiffon blouse that tied in a bow at the front. I had a black peacoat on as well since the late March weather was still cool enough and it also called for rain later today. I also had on healed, knee high leather boots to complete my outfit. I couldn't help but blush at how he was looking at me. It wasn't lewd per se, but there was an inkling of something in his eyes.

"Love the boots by the way." He said slyly as he turned and left my door way. I grabbed the hairbrush from my dresser and launched it out the door at him and heard it clutter to the floor after hitting a wall, "You missed!" He called out, shortly followed by a quiet chuckle.

About a half hour later, I was seated in the living room with the rest of my family as we tried to figure out what to do next. There wasn't going to be a grand funeral since Mr. Hargreeves was cremated earlier this morning. We were going to do something on a smaller scale, out of the media's eyes.

It was silent for a while as neither of us wanted to speak first. I had a gin and soda in my hands and I wasn't the only one thinking this conversation would call for a drink. Allision had a glass of bourbon and Klaus was at the bar mixing himself something as well. I'm pretty sure he was already high but to each their own.

Luther was the one to finally speak as he stood up, "So I guess we better get this started. I was thinking we could have sort of a memorial service in the courtyard at sun down. Say a few words at dads favourite spot."

"Dad had a favourite spot?" Allison asked. The rest of us were confused as well.

"Yeah, underneath the oak tree. We used to sit out there all the time. None of you ever did that?"

"I definitely didn't. I was just an add-on, remember?" I stated.

"Will there be refreshments?" Klaus asked as he came over with his drink, taking a drag of his cigarette, "Tea? Scones? Cucumber sandwiches are always a winner."

"A good buttery crumpet does sound amazing." I threw in and Klaus pointed at me in approval and I giggled.

"What? ...No...and put that out Klaus. You know dad didn't allow smoking in here." Luther said.

"Is that my skirt?" Allison asked Klaus.

"What?" Klaus turned to her, "What this? Yeah, I found it in your room. It's a little dated but it's very breathy on the bits." He said as he gestured to what 'bits' he was referring too, as if we didn't already know.

"Listen up." Luther said, getting frustrated, "We still have some important things we need to discuss, alright?"

"Like what?" Diego asked. He was sitting in a chair beside the sofa Luther was originally sitting on. I was sitting in the chair on the other side.

"Like the way he died." Luther rolled his eyes.

"What do you mean the way he died? Was it suspicious or something?" I wondered.