Chapter#55

"You can do this. I know," Ammar held Zahra's hand as her nails dug into his palm.

"It hurts so much," she shut her eyes, tears running down her temple.

"But think of all the pictures we have made of the baby. We want to see it as soon as we can. Just a little pain and it will be here in your arms," he kissed her cheek.

His own eyes filled with tears as he saw her struggling.

He wished he wouldn't have to see it but she was in pain and he could not leave her alone. It had already been two hours.

A sharp pain, a scream, a heartbeat of silence, and then an earsplitting cry was all it took for their hearts to swell with gratitude.

"Congratulations, it's a boy," Zahra let out a sob closing her eyes. Ammar kissed her forehead again and again.

"I love you," she put her hand on the back of his neck and stuffed her face in his chest.

"It's okay, calm down," he rubbed her back.

She cried for some time and he let her. Their hearts were too heavy at that moment.

Their baby. Their son was here. They were parents. He was a father and she was a mother. They had a small little family of their own.

Alhamdulillah.

Zahra was shifted to the room and saw Zoha rush in first.

"My baby," Zoha kissed her head as Zahra hugged her tightly.

"I am proud of you,"

"It was too hard," she wiped her face.

"But it is worth all the pain,"

"It is," she nodded moving back and found Zaheer and Mansha.

He hugged her, keeping her close to him.

"You are a little Mama now," Zahra chuckled.

Mansha gave her a hug with a kiss on the cheek.

"Congratulations new mommy,"

"Thank you,"

She put a hijab over her head as all the family came in.

Her mother was at home with Ahad and Kashif and she didn't want anything but rush to her the first thing.

His parents gave her warm hugs with lots of prayers and she wished Dado could be there too.

"Where is the baby?" She asked looking around.

"They were just cleaning him up. He will be here in no time,"

"And Ammar?"

"He has gone to pray," she nodded.

"Here, it's aunty," Mansha handed her the phone and she put it on her ear.

"Mama,"

"Congratulations. I can not wait to see you and my grandson,"

"I will come home as soon as I can,"

"Insha'Allah. I wish I could come,"

"I will show him to you on the video call,"

"Okay, how are you feeling now?"

"I am fine,"

"I am praying for you,"

"I know. It wouldn't have been done without your prayers,"

"My brave girl," she handed the phone to Zaheer not being able to talk through her cries.