Chapter#39

TW: Violence.

"Can you wear the blue dress?" Zahra raised her brow, the shirt still in her hands as she looked at her husband.

"Which one?"

"The one we bought from Istanbul,"

"Why?" He rubbed the side of his neck.

"Um, we can have a dinner date kind of thing," her lips turned in an amused smile seeing him nervous.

"Okay," she closed the suitcase turning to the shopping bags on the other side.

They had come back to Cappadocia after a trip to Pammukale for a day. It was their last night in Cappadocia before they were going to fly to Antalya.

"You called Ammi?" She asked sitting on the bed and.

He smiled noticing the small change of addressing his mother.

"Yes, they were going to Taya Abu's place so couldn't talk longer," she nodded.

"I called aunty too," she turned her face to him whose forehead was etched in a frown as he typed on his laptop.

"You did?" He nodded.

"What did you talk about?"

"That's only to remain between us," she shrugged.

"As if I don't know that it must be filled with you complaining about me,"

"Ah, you know me so well," he sighed dramatically making her shake her head. 

Pulling the dress and jewelry out, she went to change.

It was a chiffon midnight-blue floral-printed dress, reaching her ankles.

She paired it up with black stilettoes and a dark blue hijab.

Ammar glanced at her and smiled widely.

"I told you it will look great on you," she pressed her lips in a smile, looking over at herself in the mirror.

Fixing it from her shoulders, she nodded at him.

"The color is really beautiful,"

"So are you," she bit the corner of her lip, glancing at him who went back to his work, a sly smile on his face.

She walked back into the restroom putting on some light makeup with nude lips and a thin flick liner. 

Brushing her hair, she pulled them in a low bun and wrapped the hijab loosely around her head.

She walked out zipping up her bag and found him standing in front of his bag.

"Are you done?" He asked and she muttered a yes.

"I will be back in two minutes," he rushed to change while she opened her bag trying to make space for the stuff they had bought.

Her phone beeped as she found Mansha's text asking about their whereabouts.

She got busy chatting with her who instructed her to behave on her date.

Zahra rolled her eyes before a smile crept up her lips.

Mansha bid her bye reminding her to send pictures and just at the cue, he walked out wearing a white linen shirt and black jeans.

He walked over to the vanity, brushing his hair, and applied his favorite cologne.

"Um, you know it's creepy to stare like this," she blinked before turning back to her phone with an embarrassed smile.

He chuckled looking at her from the mirror as she stood up tightening the strap of her heels and picked her bag.