Chapter#36

The doorbell rang making Zahra glance back at the clock before wiping her hands from the towel and make her way to the main door.

Putting the scarf loosely over her head, she pulled open the door finding a sullen-faced Mahnoor.

But before she could say something Mahnoor threw her arms around her neck.

"Noor, you okay?" Mahnoor pulled back giving her a small smile and walked inside.

"I am. Where is Bhai?" Zahra followed her with a frown.

"He is in the room, you want me to call him?" She put her bag on the couch, turning to her.

"Yes please," Zahra nodded gesturing her to sit and informed Ammar of her arrival through the text. 

Noor was switching between the channels when she reached her with a glass of water.

"You will take something?" Zahra asked feeling a little awkward.

Mahnoor would always make a beeline towards the kitchen first thing after entering their home, aware of how much of a foodie her cousin is she knew there would always be something good to eat stored in the cabinets.

"I just needed to talk to Bhai," Zahra nodded, looking back as Ammar rounded the stairs coming to them.

"Hey," Noor looked back before standing up and hugged him tightly.

He was taken aback for a moment staring at Zahra who was also as clueless as him.

"What happened?" He wrapped his arm around her shoulder as she started crying out of nowhere.

"Okay, relax. Sit down first," he tore her away from him making her sit down and kneeled before her, as she wiped her tears.

"Why are you crying?" He asked after making her drink water.

She hiccuped making him click his tongue and sit beside her.

"It's okay, stop crying," Zahra walked to the kitchen giving them privacy.

But something clicked in her mind and she bit her inner cheeks to stop the smile.

Getting done with the dishes, she walked out again finding him kissing the side of her head as she smiled at something.

"You're fine now?" She sat on her other side and Mahnoor passed her a small smile too.

Ammar went away as he received a call which left both of them in an uncomfortable silence.

"I got my results and the GPA wasn't up to my expectations," Mahnoor pressed her lips and Zahra patted her shoulder.

"It's okay, I am sure you'll do great in the next one."

"Insha'Allah," she sighed.

"Zahra," she looked up raising her brows.

"I am going to meet Umair for some work,"

"When will you be back?"

"It will take two to three hours,"

"Okay," she turned to Mahnoor as she wiped her face.

"I will also leave now," she stood up but Zahra held her wrist.

"Hey, why don't you stay with me? I am alone in the house." Noor shared a glance with Ammar before nodding and put her bag down.

"Okay, great. I will pick up something for you guys on my way back,"

"Bye," Zahra waved at him and he gave her a raised brow before gesturing her to follow him.