Chapter#34

Zahra rubbed her eyes opening them completely as her mind registered the clatter of dishes coming from the kitchen which made her sit up as she looked around the brightly lit house.

Her eyes traveled to the wall clock seeing it almost seven in the morning.

Getting up she walked to the kitchen and found her husband supporting an apron over his freshly changed clothes and a frown etched on his face as he struggled to turn the omelet in the pan.

She pressed her lips silently making her way to him. He was busy talking to his assistant over the speaker and didn't acknowledge her presence.

She slipped between him and counter holding his hand over the spatula and flipped the nearly burnt omelet.

"When did you wake up?" He whispered in her ear making her shudder as his warm breath came in contact with her shoulder.

"Just two minutes ago," she whispered back and was about to walk away when he put both of his hands on the counter caging her between him and the counter. She bit her inner cheeks.

"Sir, he agreed!" His assistant's voice over the phone made him almost jump at his place before he rolled his eyes.

"I will talk to you later Laiba," he cut the call as Zahra dished out the omelet.

"How are you feeling now?" He kissed the back of her head before moving away from her.

"Much much better than yesterday,"

"This is not fair. I wanted to make breakfast for you," he removed the apron as she put the bread in the toaster.

"You still can. I am going to take a bath," Zahra waved walking out and he chuckled starting to make coffee.

She wore a white button-down with pink and black floral prints and paired it with black straight pants and black stilettoes.

She wrapped a black hijab over her head and applied mascara, concealer, and lipstick before walking down and found her husband on yet another call.

It was going this way only from the past months. She sighed and dropped herself on the chair eyeing the breakfast.

Ammar cut the call taking a deep breath and walked over to her.

"Now start eating. We are already getting late," he sat down beside her and she pressed her lips.

"You didn't have to do this," he narrowed his eyes at her.

"Are you doubting my cooking?" She wanted to shake her head but nodded.

"Just take one bite and then I will ask you," she bit the side of her lip before digging her fork in the omelet.

She glanced at him before pushing it in her mouth and it was indeed really tasty.

"What? Are you kidding me? You did not make this," she muttered in disbelief and he smirked.

"Oh, I did. Now give here I will eat it myself,"

"No, I am sorry. I did not mean that," she held the plate and he raised his brow.

"Please, sorry. This is so yummy," her stomach grumbled and he laughed out loud, she sunk in the chair embarrassed before stuffing her mouth with food.

"You cutie," he pulled her cheeks making her smack his hand.

"We have to go shopping today," he drank his coffee and she stopped eating and leaned back.

"Ammar, I wanted to ask you something," he frowned at her serious face and nodded.

"Can I go to Mama's for a night?" She didn't look up and he stopped between his eating turning to her.