Chapter#11

Killing the engine Ammar took a deep breath and got out from the car fixing the lapels of his dark blue coat.

"Good morning," he nodded at the guard's greeting and made his way through the sliding glass doors.

"Hey!" He snapped seeing the man bump into the wall, too busy with files.

"Sorry," he mumbled embarrassed taking the stairs.

Ammar wasn't sure if he wanted to laugh or cry out in frustration.

He pressed the button for the elevator but the receptionist called out from the side.

"Sir, the elevators are not working,"

"Why not?" He felt irritation crawl up his skin again.

"The mechanics will be here soon," she just looked down and he resisted the urge to punch the wall beside him.

Sighing, he started walking upstairs.

"No. I am telling you she was only trying to show off her ring," he heard a girl's voice and rounded the stairs coming in sight with three girls standing in a group at the top.

"I am sure it was not even real diamond," the other girl said in a high-pitched voice and he stopped two stairs before them and cleared his throat.

The three jumped on their places looking at him.

"What are you doing here?" He folded his arms over his chest seeing one of them looking over his muscles.

He ran his tongue inside his mouth, pulling his hands on his sides.

"We were just going up-"

"Yes, I can see that." He gave a tight-lipped smile.

"Now go and work. I don't want to see any of you gossipping around again, am I clear?" He gritted his teeth and they nodded. Two of them walked upstairs while the other walked down.

He shook his head, resuming.

"Where is Laiba?" He asked the receptionist, drumming his finger on the desk impatiently.

"She hasn't come yet," he made an irritated face.

"Tell her to come to my cabin as soon as she is here," He made his way to his cabin, slumping down on the chair.

He had gone to drop Ahad and Zoha at the airport last night and almost the whole night went by with that and he couldn't get a blink of sleep.

"I am so so sorry. Here is your coffee," Laiba burst in and he raised his brows.

"Don't give me this look, please. You know how easy it is to make me cry," She put the coffee down opening her iPad, and scrolled through it.

"I am really on the edge of firing you," he took a sip pulling open his laptop.

"How is it my fault that your wife kept you awake the whole night," she grumbled.

"Excuse me?" She bit her tongue.

"And for your kindest information, I am not married." His fingers started working on the keyboard.

"Kasam khayein?" She opened her mouth in surprise and Ammar raised his brows.

"Why is it so hard to believe?" He took another sip.

"I don't know. Why haven't you by the way? You seem pretty handsome, who would not want to marry you?" Ammar leaned back with a bored look on his face.

"Tum karlo phir shadi mujh se," her eyes widened in horror.

"Astagfirullah. Never."

"Kyun? I am not handsome enough now?"