Chapter#54

"Zahra!"

Zahra held her head, trying to gain her vision back, and felt his hands on her arm.

"I am sorry, calm down," she pushed his hands away.

"Don't touch me!"

"Okay, I am not touching you but calm down please," she took a deep breath feeling her heart getting back to normal but the sudden hollow feeling taking place in her chest.

"I want to go to her. I want to see her," she mumbled not sure if he had even listened to her.

"I will take you,"

"I don't want you there," she gulped.

"I am not leaving you alone like this!"

"But I don't want you around me right now. I am too angry and I don't want to say anything hurtful," she stood up gaining courage, and picked out her hijab wrapping it around her head.

"How will you go then?"

"Kas-"

"He knew too?" She looked at him with so much pain it broke his heart.

"He told me,"

"And he couldn't come to me," she picked her bag pushing her phone and some medicines inside, and walked down.

"Let me drive you there at least," he followed her down and she shut her eyes.

Her patience was only hanging by a thread now.

"But if you said one thing to me I will get down that instant," she pointed a finger gritting her teeth and he nodded walking her out.

The whole ride was as silent as it could get with her occasional sniffing.

"Zahra-"

"Don't!" She walked out shutting the door behind.

Walking in, she saw her mother holding the side of her waist and putting cups on the counter.

"Mama!" She straightened in a second forcing a smile out.

"Zahra! What a pleasant surprise!" Zahra took a deep breath gritting her teeth.

"You don't need to act anymore. I know everything," her mother's smile fell and she almost limped to the couch.

Zahra couldn't help the tears that leaked her eyes after that.

"My baby, come here," her mother called her but she wiped her face.

"I am not your baby. How can you hide this huge thing from me, Mama?" She kept standing there even when her legs were shaking like anything.

"I didn't want to stress you," She let out a bitter chuckle sitting on the couch farthest from her.

"If you loved me you would care about how I would feel being the only one left out from knowing about this disaster,"

"Zahra, I love you," she got up walked to her mother, and hugged her.

"Don't cry, everything is fine," her mother kissed her head feeling her eyes sting.

"Everything is not fine. Why did you do this Mama? You were in so much pain all these months and I was the only oblivious one,"

"But everyone took great care of me,"

"And I was not there in everyone. You didn't trust me but Ammar on it. You love him more than me,"

"You also know that is not right. I love you the most in this world but he is my son too. And I wouldn't even have let him know if it wouldn't be for Kashif,"