Chapter#17

Zahra walked into the house, removing her hijab and as usual, Sara was asleep on the couch while Bilal and Areesha watched Cars and her mother in the kitchen.

"Mama," she hugged her from the back and her mother startled as Zahra planted her lips on her mother's cheek.

"You scared me." Her mother smacked her hand and she pouted, pulling her cheeks.

"You didn't tell me why were you late?" She handed her a glass of water as Zahra sat on the barstool.

"Hasan uncle arranged me and Ammar Sir in a cafe. With one of his cousins," she added and saw her mother's interest quirking.

"And? How did it go? You got your answers?" Her mother stood beside her and she smiled at her excitement.

"I want to do Istikhara," the elder woman nodded her head instantly.

"You do know that whatever comes in Istikhara has to be followed," her mother stated and she sighed.

"I don't have any problem with this relationship but I want Allah's guidance for it," She stared at the blank space and her mother dropped a kiss at the top of her head.

"I will just freshen up," she stood up walking into her room.

She closed the door leaning on it. Her palm pushed into her mouth to not sob out.

She slipped down to the floor.

"What will I do without you, Mama?" She hiccuped banging her head slowly onto the door.

"Allah, please make it easy for me. Give me sabr." She said and after getting control of herself, she got up to refresh.

She prayed Magrib and laid on the bed.

Dialing Zoha, she told her everything. To say she was excited would be an understatement. She was jumping around.

"I am doing Istikhara now," She sighed out.

"Ya, okay. I will call Ammar. Out of everything he asked about your eye color? That guy is a gone case," Zoha laughed and she chuckled.

"I have to call Bhabi too. She must be sick worried. I haven't called her for days," They hung up and she dialed Mansha.

She reported everything to her as well.

"I am so so happy for you. We should already book a flight I think,"

"Zahra, You do know you can't ignore whatever comes as in the result of your Istikhara. You have to follow it or you will be disrespecting Allah's will," Her sister-in-law said uncertainly and she shut her eyes.

"I am ready for both situations."

"Good."

"Bhabi? How is Bhai?" Zahra asked and noticed how Mansha got silent.

"He is hurt," she swallowed, hard.

"I am sorry. I never meant to say those things to him. I was just out of my mind at that moment," She regretted, guilty tears forming in her eyes.

"He will understand. Just give him a call,"

"I don't even deserve his forgiveness. I don't deserve Bhai. He is too good for me," She cried clutching the pillow in her arms.

"No, baby. It's not like that. He knows you have your problems. You are his child just like Moosa. He will understand," She calmed down before hanging up. She couldn't bring herself to talk anymore.

"He always does,"

She stared at the screen when a notification popped up on the screen.

There was a message from a new number.