Chapter#30

Zahra put her feet down the bed feeling tingles from the cold of marble on the tip of her toes.

The morning suddenly seeming a little too bright.

She didn't know if it was the effect of last night's realizations or a peaceful slumber she hasn't have in years.

Her feet led her to the balcony as she stood there and took in a fresh breath. A determined breath to pull her life back to the track.

A click of the door made her stiff for a second before she bit her lip, turning around.

Ammar walked into the closet and she made her way back to the room making the bed. 

She had pushed him away out of her hurt and insecurities but not anymore.

She knew this was going to be the hardest part. To get close to him. To open up to him. To make him understand why she had been a complete jerk to him. Why she had behaved how she has. But she knew no justification could make up for the ways she had hurt him.

But she will try till she make everything right.

If not lovers, they can at least be friends. They can at least be partners who would share their life.

Love was not necessary. Connection was.

She sighed putting her jewelry back in the drawers while he got out of the shower.

She waited for his good morning so she could reply today but it never came.

He walked out with his shoes and she stared at the floor.

She deserved it.

His words from last night rushing back to her mind.

He said he won't say a word to her, he won't touch her, try to mend things. He won't try to do anything.

She went to shower wishing that he has not lost all the hope in her.
_

Zahra cooked the breakfast from her heart, nervous if he would even like it.

She wasn't a great cook but she wasn't the worst as well.

Brewing the coffee she saw him making his way in the kitchen, with the phone pressed to his ear.

"Okay, I can tell you about it after seeing the situation. Make sure to have the team ready by twelve," he put the phone down, his eyes running over the table where the breakfast for almost ten people was served.

She put the cups of coffee down waiting for him to sit.

He did and glanced at her as she fidgeted with her fingers.

He took a bite of the omelet and picked up his cup of coffee dialing someone again.

She moistened her lips sitting down and drank her own coffee.

He talked over the phone the whole time while finishing the coffee. He got up washing his cup and walked out.

She shut her eyes, her heart aching in her chest.

So it was how he felt when she had been ignoring all the efforts he was putting.

She couldn't eat after that and refrigerated everything, walking out.

He walked back into the house as she slipped her arms in the blazer and picked her bag.

She wanted to ask him to not stop by the back street for her.

She would go in with him, she didn't care anymore about what they say.

"The driver is waiting for you outside," she frowned but before she could say something he picked his car keys and walked out.