Chapter#25

It rained all the way back home, giving their special day a beautiful ending.

Zahra kept sitting in the same position the whole hour it took to reach home, her head leaned on the window, lost in her thoughts.

The ride was silent, but this time it was kind of comfortable.

Her husband had also leaned his head back, his eyes switching to her momentarily.

He stared at the innocence and pureness her face radiated with dried up tear marks, her cheeks and nose red from all the crying. Her eyes a little swollen.

She looked calm indicating she was thinking about something good.

Maybe him?

It was just a wishful thinking.

The nose ring she adored gave her more of an intimate look in her white attire.

Ammar took a deep breath, stirring at his place a little.

He needed to be patient with her. He needed to make her comfortable, make her trust him, love him.

But it was all new to him as well.

He would need space to make himself at ease first with this new lifestyle.

He was not habitat of sharing things and here he was going to share his life, his room, his family, his love, his days and nights. Everything. She was his partner. They were both halves of each other now. 

The car's horn made Zahra's eyes flutter open as she straightened on her seat. Ammar passed her a small smile before running a hand through his hair as the car rolled into the driveway.

The whole family was already stood outside ready to welcome the newlyweds.

Ammar sensed her nervousness but before he could manage to say anything, her side of the door was pulled open revealing his cousins who started helping her out.

Ammar sighed walking out too and stretched his legs and arms lightly.

His stomach's grumble reminded him he didn't have anything except some coffee early morning.

He rounded the car seeing them already taking her inside.

"Don't worry, it is going to be like this for almost a month," Ahad patted Ammar's shoulder as he found all the men gathered around him.

He rolled his eyes before making his way inside as well.

They both settled with the family in his parent's lounge.

"Let him sit," Rida said to the girls surrounding the bride and they all turned to him with teasing looks before moving away.

He passed a fake grin to them before sitting beside her and ran a hand through his hair again already exhausted from the day.

"Why are we sitting here by the way?" He asked looking around as most of them chuckled to themselves.

"He is so impatient, God," Mahnoor teased and he just huffed, leaning back on the couch.

"I am sleepy," he couldn't suppress the yawn that escaped his lips just at the mention of sleep.

"Okay, leave your rasms for now. Let them go and rest," his mother asked the youngsters who had to give in eventually.

Zahra looked up at Hasan uncle finding him the only comfortable one to look at the moment.

They were all too new. It was all so new for her. The big family gatherings and so many people around.